Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
The owners manual has specific instructions on checking the oil level, it's not done " cold" , check it out. I have the 2.0T as well.
I was just using that as a point of reference. After all the oil has drained down overnight, it's about 1/4" above full mark. Exactly where it was when I got it. Was just referencing that as putting in 5 quarts and letting it sit overnight puts the oil level exactly the same as how it came from the factory.

Reading it cold is also more consistent, and I can much more easily judge if there's any consumption by reading it at the exact same conditions every time. I'm not using that level to determine how "full" it is necessarily just a point of reference. If that cold level check starts to go down then I'll have cause for concern - but it didn't move a bit in the first 4,400 miles or so before I changed it.

AG30

First Name
Akil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, Ducati Monster 796
Hey All,

About to start doing my own oil changes on my JLU Sahara 2018 2.0. I was thinking of using Penzoil Platinum. Would this be one you would all recommend, or could I use the Ultra Platinum. If any other suggestions, it would be much appreciated :)

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

About to start doing my own oil changes on my JLU Sahara 2018 2.0. I was thinking of using Penzoil Platinum. Would this be one you would all recommend, or could I use the Ultra Platinum. If any other suggestions, it would be much appreciated :)
The last time I checked, which was a week ago, the Ultra Platinum doesn't meet FCA's spec for the 2.0T engine. The Pennzoil Platinum does.

AG30

First Name
Akil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, Ducati Monster 796
The last time I checked, which was a week ago, the Ultra Platinum doesn't meet FCA's spec for the 2.0T engine. The Pennzoil Platinum does.
Thanks Limeade. I had read something similar, but wasn't sure if it was dated info. Much appreciated.
Sponsored