Sponsored

2020 JLRU 2.0 Engine Ticking

elduderino83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0l
Turbo flutter!!! Now put some GREDDY, HKS, OZ RACING, and SPARCO stickers on the door
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Request some troubleshooting ideas. My 2020 JLRU 2.0 turbo is exhibiting a ticking noise from the engine bay on deceleration from 1600-1500 RPMs. I have taken it to the dealership and they assigned it a star case #101763157. The dealership said it was a normal noise and to keep driving it...which is very disappointing. The noise is very irritating and somewhat embarrassing when you slow down and everyone around can hear it. You can hear the noise very clearly in the attached video. Thoughts? Jeep Cares please help.
Hi there, our team would be happy to offer our support alongside your dealer. Please send us a private message with your VIN so that we may look into this further.

Kathryn
JeepCares

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I would look for a loose heat shield or soemthing. It doesnā€™t like a crucial piece of metal tbh. Sounds like a relatively light metal

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
I havenā€™t been able to play your sound file but I bet itā€™s compressor surge, which I have also. I ordered a bov with a plumb back which Iā€™m hoping helps.

rmollinet

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I have a 2020 with a 2.0 and itā€™s the same. I have several friends with the same concern. From my understanding itā€™s the fuel injectors actuating and is completely normal for these engines or thatā€™s what Jeep says anyway.
Sponsored