2020 JL2 6-speed sales question

EugenFick

First Name
Eugen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon 2-door (manual)
A friend of a friend is selling his 2020 JL Rubicon 6-speed 3.6.
The car has almost 45K miles on it; for me, that is somewhat high.
The car has been Jeep dealer certified.
The case has seen the trail.
My question is, should I worry about the mileage in less than three years?
Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
High mileage generally means lots of highway miles, which are the easiest on a vehicle. It also means greater depreciation, which gives you a better deal. I love used cars with abnormally high miles.

Any vehicle these days will last to 200K or more miles with maintenance, so there's plenty of life left.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Mileage is relative of course.

Having said that, mileage is an indication of wear. Regardless of where and how the miles were driven, high miles is the one feature about a used vehicle you cannot change.

You can modify the suspension, the steering, the exhaust, even the engine, but you cannot change the mileage. This is the reason used vehicles with low miles are more desirable and normally command a price premium.

Even if a vehicle spent 100% of its time on the freeway, it’d be exposed to flying rocks, road salt, engine wear, etc.

High mileage can be a bargaining chip if you are on a budget. Personally, I’d pass on a high mileage vehicle for the reasons stated above.

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Depends when it was ordered and delivered. The Jeep could be three years old at about 15k a year and depends on how long you’ll have it.
Also what kind of driving does your friend do? How many miles on trails and what kind of trails. Lots of variables.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
As noted. It depends on how the vehicle was used. I had a friend who’d put more damage on a rig in 10 k than I do in 100😊. IF this Jeep has been taken care of 45 k is not terribly high-mileage should e reflected in price.

Sponsored

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How is 45k miles considered high mileage?? That’s average, given the MY 2020 came out in 2019.
Have a mechanic check it out and have fun with it.

OP
OP
EugenFick

EugenFick

First Name
Eugen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon 2-door (manual)
Just had a test drive. Some trail damage (fenders and plastic bumper) that I am ok with.
The clutch had an empty feel (compared to mine, 2021, JLR 6-speed, 8K). Also, the handbrake felt different. Is this empty feel on the clutch a signal of clutch wear?
Sponsored