Sponsored

2020 - JL Wrangler Reviews & First impressions?

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
the hood lock looks to be a possible option from jeep. security or convenience package. i' dont know. if you look at the honeycomb grill by the lock, its a clean "factory" look. or its a aftermarket item that is available for the jl. if so the dealer installed it and made it a overpriced add on.
Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Picked my 2020 JL Rubicon, 2 door friday the 23rd. 36 days from order to delivery. First let me say I have owned 9 or 10 jeeps counting the new Rubicon. Never any of the steering problems I have read on this forum with my prior vehicles. Now to give you my opinion on the 2020. Quality is better than on previous jeeps handling and ride far superior. I have about 250 miles on it and have noticed that steering corrections are made to keep it centered are very small but seem to over correct and you find yourself correcting again. Irritating. But will drive for a few hundred miles and see how it works out. There is no wondering or death wobble. its not to bad but has to be right. The off( road pages ) come and go. There are no altitude numbers just dashes. No lat/long. The pitch/roll comes on then disappears. intermittent. Then stays off. When I first turned it on the altitude came up then disappeared. I crawled under and checked the welds. Not to bad for a robot but definitely not as professionally as I have seen. Also the brown stuff by some of the welds is not rust,it reminds me of flux like when you solder a joint. I think they are using some kind of sealant or chemical on the welds. Anyway I bought some rust barrier paint/sealant and will be painting as a bit of insurance for the future. I talked to a welder and he agreed. I have a case number for the uconnect and it has been forwarded to jeep and I am supposed to be contacted in a couple of days. I am very happy with my purchase some minor wind noise but easy to fix, not bad at all compared to my other jeeps. I believe this JL is on the right track to even better vehicles in the future. I do believe that FIAT has a long way to go to GTST. Maybe jeep should break away and do their own thing. People get tired of hearing (it's just a jeep thing) that's crap. An excuse for inability or just don't care as long as they sell a unit. Well when the law suits start flying or someone gets killed, Just ask VW. ,Germany put a couple of high ranking people in charge in prison for some thing less(emissions). Does someone have to get killed before action is taken. Did not mean to rant but there are some real problems out there that need to be addressed. Remember( the squeaky wheel gets the most grease).

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I forgot to mention, pulled the cover off the fuse box with the sales person watching. Just about every fuse was loose and had to be seated until they clicked in place and every tire was inflated to 42 lbs. dropped to 32,drove home increased to 34. They will increase to 35/36/37 depending on temp. still experimenting for the sweet spot.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I forgot to mention, pulled the cover off the fuse box with the sales person watching. Just about every fuse was loose and had to be seated until they clicked in place and every tire was inflated to 42 lbs. dropped to 32,drove home increased to 34. They will increase to 35/36/37 depending on temp. still experimenting for the sweet spot.

some of the off road pages features turn off once you exceed a certain speed (I believe 20 mph)

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
Picked my 2020 JL Rubicon, 2 door friday the 23rd. 36 days
I am very happy with my purchase some minor wind noise but easy to fix, not bad at all compared to my other jeeps.
Thank you for that report. Regarding wind noise, what fixes are there?

Sponsored

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
Just ask VW. ,Germany put a couple of high ranking people in charge in prison for some thing less(emissions). Does someone have to get killed before action is taken. Did not mean to rant but there are some real problems out there that need to be addressed. Remember( the squeaky wheel gets the most grease).
VW executives did not go to prison for "emissions." They went to prison for fraud, one of the biggest, most open and notorious worldwide cases of fraud in history.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Thank you for that report. Regarding wind noise, what fixes are there?
on one of my prior jeeps the dealer fixed the leak,which was coming from the seal between the dooor and windshield post with a flex soft seal material that went just beside the seal and it stopped the leak.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
VW executives did not go to prison for "emissions." They went to prison for fraud, one of the biggest, most open and notorious worldwide cases of fraud in history.
You are correct! but it had to do a lot with diesel emissions of which I own one which is a great vehicle. one of the court settlements was a fix to the emissions was, a computer flash. Whatever I still get 48 to 52 mpg. Depending on how I drive.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Picked my 2020 JL Rubicon, 2 door friday the 23rd. 36 days from order to delivery. First let me say I have owned 9 or 10 jeeps counting the new Rubicon. Never any of the steering problems I have read on this forum with my prior vehicles. Now to give you my opinion on the 2020. Quality is better than on previous jeeps handling and ride far superior. I have about 250 miles on it and have noticed that steering corrections are made to keep it centered are very small but seem to over correct and you find yourself correcting again. Irritating. But will drive for a few hundred miles and see how it works out. There is no wondering or death wobble. its not to bad but has to be right. The off( road pages ) come and go. There are no altitude numbers just dashes. No lat/long. The pitch/roll comes on then disappears. intermittent. Then stays off. When I first turned it on the altitude came up then disappeared. I crawled under and checked the welds. Not to bad for a robot but definitely not as professionally as I have seen. Also the brown stuff by some of the welds is not rust,it reminds me of flux like when you solder a joint. I think they are using some kind of sealant or chemical on the welds. Anyway I bought some rust barrier paint/sealant and will be painting as a bit of insurance for the future. I talked to a welder and he agreed. I have a case number for the uconnect and it has been forwarded to jeep and I am supposed to be contacted in a couple of days. I am very happy with my purchase some minor wind noise but easy to fix, not bad at all compared to my other jeeps. I believe this JL is on the right track to even better vehicles in the future. I do believe that FIAT has a long way to go to GTST. Maybe jeep should break away and do their own thing. People get tired of hearing (it's just a jeep thing) that's crap. An excuse for inability or just don't care as long as they sell a unit. Well when the law suits start flying or someone gets killed, Just ask VW. ,Germany put a couple of high ranking people in charge in prison for some thing less(emissions). Does someone have to get killed before action is taken. Did not mean to rant but there are some real problems out there that need to be addressed. Remember( the squeaky wheel gets the most grease).
Remember, a wall of text broken into appropriate paragraphs makes a rant much easier to read;)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
You are correct! but it had to do a lot with diesel emissions of which I own one which is a great vehicle. one of the court settlements was a fix to the emissions was, a computer flash. Whatever I still get 48 to 52 mpg. Depending on how I drive.

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
some of the off road pages features turn off once you exceed a certain speed (I believe 20 mph)
Thanks! I did not know that. People do go faster than 20 mph off road. Have you heard any fix to the altitude reading? Also, where is the information on the u connect system. Is there an available manual that you know of.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw01jzYiOThnVjd6ZjJDKJ7r

Is this what you're looking for? Also, your dealer can get you a paper copy.
Thanks, I have the 2020 guide for my vehicle and read through the off road pages. no mention of pitch and roll shutting off at 20 or so mph. But makes sense I guess. Would be nice though when you are driving on the highway in the Rockies. However the lat/long and altitude does not show up just dashes.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my 2020 Sting-Gray JKUR for about a week now. Coming from a 17 JKUS.

I also noticed the steering was very loose initially, but has been better since I adjusted the tire psi. Same with the transmission "flutter" upon slowing down. Otherwise, I think everything is very much what I saw in the 2019s so there is nothing dramatic I've noticed so far.

One minor difference I did see is that my 2020 JKUR came with a hood lock keyed to the fob. This wasn't on my invoice so I assume it is standard now?

IMG_20190817_112145.jpg

IMG_20190817_110408.jpg
Interesting, I haven’t seen the hood lock on any of the U.S. jeeps but they do have them on the European models, so maybe yours got built with a European grill.

Maybe it will become a standard feature from here on out. For those that are interested these hood locks are available to purchase online and retrofitted to your existing JL

https://www.justforjeeps.com/jl-wra...MI4YvkqYuo5AIVkMDACh2VMwofEAQYASABEgKNUvD_BwE
Sponsored