2020 JL sport audio problems

Green_girl_95

First Name
Tasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL sport
I’ve noticed when my phone is connected by Bluetooth my radio will randomly get really loud and then quiet and then get loud again and I’m not sure why. I haven’t even had it a month and I’m not sure if I need to get it checked out?
Sponsored

robertboley

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
This happens to me also. I kinda notice it happens when my blinker comes on.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
There's a setting to "increase volume with speed", I think it's kinda buggy. You might want to try making sure it is turned off and see if that helps. Not sure if it will, but it's easy to try.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I’ve noticed when my phone is connected by Bluetooth my radio will randomly get really loud and then quiet and then get loud again and I’m not sure why. I haven’t even had it a month and I’m not sure if I need to get it checked out?
Are you running Waze or something in the background that is announcing traffic issues perhaps? That can cause the system to reduce the volume to play the announcement, but if your announcement volume is really quiet you may not hear it. Once the announcement is done the volume goes back to normal.

OP
OP
Green_girl_95

Green_girl_95

First Name
Tasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL sport
Are you running Waze or something in the background that is announcing traffic issues perhaps? That can cause the system to reduce the volume to play the announcement, but if your announcement volume is really quiet you may not hear it. Once the announcement is done the volume goes back to normal.
No I haven’t been which is why it’s weird! And it will randomly just suddenly get super loud, but when I check it the volume numbers haven’t increased but it’s randomly loud 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ll have to check if it’s the speed thing like mentioned above, I didn’t know that was a thing

Sponsored

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Take a look at TSB 08-12-18-rev-d, fixes AM/FM volume fluctuations. My radio would increase in volume randomly, especially during a phone call, the ringer would crank to 30 without warning and scare the crap out of me while driving. Dealership did the TSB and all has been fixed.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ments-fixes-blank-rear-camera-echo-etc.34618/
Her info says she has a 2020 though, so hopefully an issue from a 2018 TSB would have been incorporated by then, but with FCA who knows? ;)

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
Are you referring to the uconnect 3 radio?
If so, that radio is absolutely horrible.
issues observed, reproduced.
-listen to music on Bluetooth, turn off vehicle. Turn on vehicle and radio blares.
-connect iPhone 12 to usb port, stream via sirius from app, uconnect 3 crashes and reboots itself.

coming from my Bose in my truck and the radio in my past car which was a Macan....should not have gone cheap and went for most jenky radio on the US/Asia/EMEA market or let alone the universe.

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This happens to me also. I kinda notice it happens when my blinker comes on.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored