Sponsored

2020 JL Rubicon order doubts

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Just got a call a little while ago that the drop ship was cancelled due to too many people calling and asking about it.... :swear::mad::angry:
Makes me wonder what else will change before taking delivery....

Sucks, sorry about that. Back to the drawing board :asshat:

OP
OP
joanaaso

joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Ended up ordering from Lakeland Jeep in Orlando. They offered 7% below invoice, no questions asked (with tread lightly) and their transmission fee on the build for some reason is 1k less. Came out to only $900 more than Criswell and Tyler even offered to drive it down for me to Miami. They do charge a hefty $998 dealer fee compared to Criswell but the $900 OTD difference is worth it after you factor in shipping from Criswell or flight, hotel, food, gas, ect.
Let me know if anyone needs his contact info!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Ended up ordering from Lakeland Jeep in Orlando. They offered 7% below invoice, no questions asked (with tread lightly) and their transmission fee on the build for some reason is 1k less. Came out to only $900 more than Criswell and Tyler even offered to drive it down for me to Miami. They do charge a hefty $998 dealer fee compared to Criswell but the $900 OTD difference is worth it after you factor in shipping from Criswell or flight, hotel, food, gas, ect.
If you ordered a V6 AT Rubicon, I am certain the lower transmission fee is a current system error. I have seen it as well as others. Be ready for the jeep to have the correct $2,500 transmission fee when it arrives.

OP
OP
joanaaso

joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Oh crap. I did sign the paperwork already with the $1,500 trans fee and the OTD numbers so I assume the dealer will need to honor it?

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Oh crap. I did sign the paperwork already with the $1,500 trans fee and the OTD numbers so I assume the dealer will need to honor it?
Depends on the dealership. Some will eat the cost or the errors some will not. I've seen it happen a couple times.

OP
OP
joanaaso

joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I guess I will wait and see :like: but excited I finally ordered!! Any idea on how to track the new orders? I see threads about it but I don’t get what the codes mean or where to even get that information.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Some vehicle brands offer a tracking site/system. Jeep doesn't. Once your dealership provides you with a VIN number you can contact jeep chat and ask the status.

Phillip5050

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Is it possible you ordered the 2.0L instead of the 3.6L? I think the transmission cost is 1k less on the 2.0L according to the build guide.

OP
OP
joanaaso

joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Build sheet definitely says 3.6L V6

Sponsored

20Rubi

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon ordered
My order showed the same for the 3.6 except the dealer wrote next to it + $1000. The day before when I started looking at ordering one the system was showing $0 for the 3.6 auto.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have 3 POCs which each show a different price.

Saturday: $2500
Tuesday: $1500
Today: $0

I went in to order today, and was told that they cannot enter the order until the issue is corrected. Understandable.

There is definitely an issue with the system.

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
That's pretty unlikely. You should save yourself the pain and go ahead and call them and chat about the difference now - it's been fairly widely reported (here) that there is an issue in the order system which is mis-pricing.

Sorry to hear your deal got cancelled, that's not cool. But with this change it sounds like your OTD cost is $1900 more? I was happy to give a local dealer $1000 more to save me the trip, but for $2k I'd order from one of the VA guys again.
Sponsored