2020 JL Rubicon order doubts

joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
First off, Thank you to all for all the great information and guidance.
Back in January, my JK got stolen :( ended up with a TJ and a Lexus as a daily but now realizing the TJ isn't for me.. and decided to get a JL Rubi.
For the past week, Ive been trying to find the perfect one but the 2 door stingrays seem to be unicorns so decided on ordering one how I want it.
Spoke to Pat at Criswell (thanks for the recommendation after reading a million threads) and he gave me the -8% invoice, no questions asked (Build sheet attached). I don't mind flying and driving for a good deal...but being that Im in Miami, FL, MD seems extremely far... It would be a 16 hour drive back to Miami from the dealer, not counting any stops. No dealer near me has been able to come close to Criswells number. Kendall dodge was the closest but was still $2,500 more OTD than Crisswell. I called Orlando Jeep and the guy literally said hell no we aren't working numbers if you already have an -8% invoice.
Thoughts? Suggestions on what I can do?

Im attaching a pic of my JK just for the fun of it... I miss it.

54E3E4FF-F6B2-4B79-AC98-D798078F40D8.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Back in January, my JK got stolen :( ended up with a TJ and a Lexus as a daily but now realizing the TJ isn't for me.. and decided to get a JL Rubi.
For the past week, Ive been trying to find the perfect one but the 2 door stingrays seem to be unicorns so decided on ordering one how I want it.
Spoke to Pat at Criswell (thanks for the recommendation after reading a million threads) and he gave me the -8% invoice, no questions asked (Build sheet attached). I don't mind flying and driving for a good deal...but being that Im in Miami, FL, MD seems extremely far... It would be a 16 hour drive back to Miami from the dealer, not counting any stops. No dealer near me has been able to come close to Criswells number. Kendall dodge was the closest but was still $2,500 more OTD than Crisswell. I called Orlando Jeep and the guy literally said hell no we aren't working numbers if you already have an -8% invoice.

I just received an 8% off invoice from Criswell today. But, I’m in Texas. Probably even further.

Tomorrow I will seek out costs to have it transported. I will add those costs with the JL order and look at my real cost amount. It might take that 8% savings to 6% or 5%, I don’t know. Whatever it brings it to, I will seek that deal or better around me. If nothing comes close, I will go with Criswell’s deal.

Look into having it transported directly to you.

OP
OP
joanaaso

joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
OP
OP
joanaaso

joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I just received an 8% off invoice from Criswell today. But, I’m in Texas. Probably even further.

Tomorrow I will seek out costs to have it transported. I will add those costs with the JL order and look at my real cost amount. It might take that 8% savings to 6% or 5%, I don’t know. Whatever it brings it to, I will seek that deal or better around me. If nothing comes close, I will go with Criswell’s deal.

Look into having it transported directly to you.
Oh, crap! A lot further. Let me know where you get the quotes and how much they are quoting you.
I read on one of the threads here a guy got it shipped directly to a dealer near him who lived in HI, but did the deal with Criswell. I was going to ask Pat about it tomorrow to see if that is possible.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Thanks! and interesting. Im going to call him tomorrow. Thanks!!
No problem!

If you decide to go the shipping route some members has used this company:

https://www.autotransportdirect.com

Looks to be $695 from Criswell to Miami with their standard option. Criswell may have a cheaper option they use as well.

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Ask the dealer to have it “drop shipped” This is done with no added cost if the dealer near you can accept drop shopping. My family frequently buys cars from out of state and we do this often with various makes. I did it with my JL, ordered from a dealer out of state and they simply direct Jeep to ship it to the dealer near you instead of to them. This generally only works on ordered vehicles though.

Not all dealers will accept it though, the one closes to me didn’t, so it was shipped to one only 10 minutes further away. Hopefully that works for you and saves the cost on shipping!

OP
OP
joanaaso

joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Ask the dealer to have it “drop shipped” This is done with no added cost if the dealer near you can accept drop shopping. My family frequently buys cars from out of state and we do this often with various makes. I did it with my JL, ordered from a dealer out of state and they simply direct Jeep to ship it to the dealer near you instead of to them. This generally only works on ordered vehicles though.

Not all dealers will accept it though, the one closes to me didn’t, so it was shipped to one only 10 minutes further away. Hopefully that works for you and saves the cost on shipping!
Thank you for the information! Definitely going to ask my sales guy about it tomorrow

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Thank you for the information! Definitely going to ask my sales guy about it tomorrow
The thread which you read about HI shipping we covered some of this, but maybe you'll yield different results when you call. I called Pat a few days ago about this, and he said buyer is responsible for arranging shipping through 3rd party. Let me know if he says otherwise, and mention the drop ship.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Road trip!

My wife and I do the Annapolis to Miami drive once or twice a year and it's not too bad. 13 to 14 hours is what it typically takes. Plus lots of fun places to stop if you have the time.

I'd hop on a cheap flight up to BWI when the Jeep comes in; pick it up; enjoy some local sites with the new Jeep; and make it a road trip to get back to Miami.

Great way to get to know your new Jeep ;)

Sponsored

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Road trip!

My wife and I do the Annapolis to Miami drive once or twice a year and it's not too bad. 13 to 14 hours is what it typically takes. Plus lots of fun places to stop if you have the time.

I'd hop on a cheap flight up to BWI when the Jeep comes in; pick it up; enjoy some local sites with the new Jeep; and make it a road trip to get back to Miami.

Great way to get to know your new Jeep ;)
Unless you're waking up really early and making an all night bender you'll still want to take into consideration cost of flight, meals, gas, lodging, and time.

I'd look into shipping unless you're going with a friend and it's a planned 'minication'.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Unless you're waking up really early and making an all night bender you'll still want to take into consideration cost of flight, meals, gas, lodging, and time.

I'd look into shipping unless you're going with a friend and it's a planned 'minication'.
If you need to manage it to that level I'd probably state a Jeep is not for you ;)

Life is a finite period of time and one should enjoy every chance for adventure.

JLURMIKEY87

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
I would just ask about drop-shipping to a local dealer. My company has a fleet deal with Ford, and we always have the vehicles drop-shipped to a dealer close to the branch. We order them all from a dealer in NC, but we have them shipped all over the Southeast.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Here is what I did when I ordered my 2019 Unlimited Rubicon. I went to the high volume dealer in my area. High volume dealers can give better discounts because they get extra money from Chrysler for making sale quotas. I found the best discounted vehicle that was reasonable for me to purchase and basically had as much of what I wanted as possible. In my case, I found a dealer in Seattle that had several 2018 4 door Unlimited Rubicons discounted over $11,000. I was traveling to Seattle later that month on vacation and could have purchased the vehicle on my vacation. I asked them if they could match or come close to that price. They agreed to get as close as they could on a 2019 and let me order one exactly how I wanted it. By allowing me to order exactly what I wanted they saved me from spending money on options I didn't really care about, essentially making up the delta in the discount difference. My advice is to find the volume dealers in FL and focus on them rather than wasting time with the smaller ones that can't come close to your already quoted -8% off invoice from MD. Good luck!