2020 Jl Engine issue?

azhdar

First Name
Azhdar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 4dr
Sorry, I may sound very stupid, I have 0 knowledge about car mechanics and stuff (thanks FCA for producing under quality stuff, after owning wrangler I learn a lot! (6-8 defects identified so far on my brand new rubicon) :D ). I was trying to google my issue I am not even sure what kinda keyword to use

So my issue, I am parking uphill, I started my car, did back up, I had very low gas (but wasn't getting low gas warning) I was in a rush and pushed a gas a bit hard so around 3000 rpm and then 4000 rpm, and then I was driving around 70 km/h Suddenly the car started to get slow down, I was pushing gas but it was kinda giving me the feeling that the car hesitating to go, the speed went down to 50 km/h and I wasn't able to go faster than that. I was pushing the gas and the only thing it was doing making the crazy engine sound like pushing to its limit. and the dashboard was stuck on 50 km/hr and the car was doing like 10 km/hr. After the situation started I was able to drive 2 m, I turned off and then on the car it worked how it was working before.

Engine 3.6L V6 automatic transmission

the thing I worry about is why it happened? and is there any problem with the fuel pump or engine. From first day that is the question in my mind. my car does 13 mpg (I am 100% city driving), and when I start my car from a red light or when I do right or left turn my car hesitates to get the first few meters, like it really tries its best lol and then it starts to drive normal.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Sounds like your JL went into limp mode, this should throw a code that your dealer can ID, I'd take it there ASAP.

OP
OP
azhdar

azhdar

First Name
Azhdar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 4dr
Sounds like your JL went into limp mode, this should throw a code that your dealer can ID, I'd take it there ASAP.
Thank you very much! I have an appointment with them almost every 2 weeks, one of them is in 3 days, I will try to get an emergency appointment

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Are you sure your shifter wasn’t pushed to the left into manual mode and you weren’t hitting the rev limiter for that given gear?
Sponsored