2020 JL EcoDiesel Dyno Run

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Thanks for that. As we've all talked about, dyno runs are barely ever comparable, but they are still neat to see. And there is nothing wrong with taking them with a grain of salt.

I personally like to see a dyno run backed up with a hp number utilizing 1/4 mile trap speed and vehicle weight. When those 2 numbers jive I see no reason a person couldn't claim the numbers as an accurate representation of power output. Having said that, ain't nothing wrong with ballpark dyno numbers either.....

However, the real shit sandwich is served up when the factory says 260/442 :rock:

and the dyno shows you 170/304 :asshat:

Still wouldn't mean much, but it'll eat at you if you're a gearhead.

Casey250

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR | 2020 JLUR-D | 2022 Demonator
Occupation
Video Creator
Thanks for that. As we've all talked about, dyno runs are barely ever comparable, but they are still neat to see. And there is nothing wrong with taking them with a grain of salt.

I personally like to see a dyno run backed up with a hp number utilizing 1/4 mile trap speed and vehicle weight. When those 2 numbers jive I see no reason a person couldn't claim the numbers as an accurate representation of power output. Having said that, ain't nothing wrong with ballpark dyno numbers either.....

However, the real shit sandwich is served up when the factory says 260/442 :rock:

and the dyno shows you 170/304 :asshat:

Still wouldn't mean much, but it'll eat at you if you're a gearhead.
What I found more interesting is the variance in deliver torque lower down in the rpm when then engine was loaded heavily. I'll be using this dyno for any modifications I do so that I can compare equally. The numbers really are irrelevant because of dynos producing varying numbers. My vette with 650 crank hp dynod at 530 whp on thjs dyno.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
What I found more interesting is the variance in deliver torque lower down in the rpm when then engine was loaded heavily. I'll be using this dyno for any modifications I do so that I can compare equally. The numbers really are irrelevant because of dynos producing varying numbers. My vette with 650 crank hp dynod at 530 whp on thjs dyno.
A dyno you can trust is pretty awesome.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So, either the factory is over-rating the JL EcoDiesel, or, there is far more than the typical 15% parasitic loss through the driveline. That's two dyno runs I've seen now that didn't make it to factory power ratings.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I’m not seeing where the second dyno run video is significantly outside the margin of error of the test as it pertains to a 15% parasitic loss goal.
Sponsored