Sponsored

2020 jl breakin oil change maintenance

maddmaxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlur
Bought 2020 jlu Sahara in 4th week of october 2019 (delivered). Due to pandemic , did not drive too much. Its been about 5 months, and put on only 2000 km (Not miles). For the breakin oil change, I have been inundated with phone calls from dealership reminding for oil change.

Due to Covid19, I do not want to take me baby for an oil change, until things get better in a month or so.

Need advise as to how long can I pull on delaying this first oil change, for my jlu at 2000km/5 months. Jeep has been running great without any issues.
The engine runs through a break in period before its put in the jeep. The oil is changed to synthetic after they drain the break in oil out of the crankcase. With that being said, I always do the first oil change around 500 miles, then 1500 miles, then follow the recommended schedule. ALWAYS change the oil filter too. The engine and tranny are complicated pieces of equipment, maintain them to the highest level. No brand specific here.,...Use good oil and filters, and don't forget to change your air filter. Its so often over looked. Now get busy soldier!!
Sponsored