2020 Jeep Wrangler water drip rain rail problem

Av123

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Question for everyone I bought a 2020 Wrangler 2 months ago and I am having a major water drip from the rain rail that is rite over the driver and passenger front doors and it goes rite inside the Jeep when you open up the doors I opened a claim with chrysler and they are asking for all kinds of opinions from different dealers when they know this is a build flaw and there is no fix. I got them 1 opinion and sent them a video of it. Anyway does anyone know of a fix for this issue.?

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Known situation; has been that way since the JL came out in 2018, and maybe even with earlier models. Just a bad design, but not something that can be “fixed” without some aftermarket engineering. I’ve seen a few versions of different “channel extensions” that people have applied, but none look factory IMO.

But to me, it‘s a Jeep. Not too concerned with a little water getting in when opening/closing the door during a downpour.

OP
OP
Av123

Av123

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Known situation; has been that way since the JL came out in 2018, and maybe even with earlier models. Just a bad design, but not something that can be “fixed” without some aftermarket engineering. I’ve seen a few versions of different “channel extensions” that people have applied, but none look factory IMO.

But to me, it‘s a Jeep. Not too concerned with a little water getting in when opening/closing the door during a downpour.
i am very concerned for a 43000 vehicle but anyway thanks for your input and I did see the aftermarket stuff but I do not like the way it looks. This is my 4th Jeep first time for this kind of issue.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Just the way it is....some parts of the JL are poorly designed.....this being one of them. On a more positive note, the roof is not nearly as prone to leaking as the JK.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Question for everyone I bought a 2020 Wrangler 2 months ago and I am having a major water drip from the rain rail that is rite over the driver and passenger front doors and it goes rite inside the Jeep when you open up the doors I opened a claim with chrysler and they are asking for all kinds of opinions from different dealers when they know this is a build flaw and there is no fix. I got them 1 opinion and sent them a video of it. Anyway does anyone know of a fix for this issue.?

All of them do this, due to the shape and size of the roof . Theres this drip rail extender rubber piece that u can buy over the internet . A band aid fix but its cheap. It works even though it's not very aesthetically pleasing .

Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
i am very concerned for a 43000 vehicle but anyway thanks for your input and I did see the aftermarket stuff but I do not like the way it looks. This is my 4th Jeep first time for this kind of issue.
Just Engineer Every Part -Jeep

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
Just the way it is....some parts of the JL are poorly designed.....this being one of them. On a more positive note, the roof is not nearly as prone to leaking as the JK.
If it was a JK all the water would still be going in the same spot while the doors are closed lol

I yanked the carpet in my 2011 and got used to pulling plugs every time it rained 🙃

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I just put a wad of Coax Seal at the end to block the water. Another solution is to always park up hill, but not always practical. That's why I went with the Coax Seal. Others have used things like silicone caulking, but the Coax Seal stays pliable no mater the temperature and age and can be removed easily.