2020 Jeep Wrangler Valve Body defect

Ag3nt1

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude.
Hello, I’m new here, and I hope this info finds the correct person that could help me with my situation. Last year I got a brand new 2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude on May 18th, 2020. MY wife also got a brand new 2020 Jeep Willey, just a week after me on May 25th, 2020. Unfortunately the Jeep she picked broke down at the dealership just when we finished signing the paper work. We couldn't even get the brand new Jeep out of the lot (But this is a different story). I am here to talk about my unfortunately situation that happened on Monday, January 25th, 2021. On the way home on Monday morning, my Jeep stalled at a stop sign. I was unable to shift it into any gear. I couldn't even shift it to Neutral so that I can push the Jeep out of the way from the single lane construction zone I was stuck in. I immediately called my Jeep Dealership, and they did provide roadside assistance. 90 Minutes later, and after upsetting half of the city, the tow truck arrived and I was towed to my Jeep Dealership. After a quick assessment by the dealer, I was told that my Jeep needs a new Valve Body due to factory defect. This to me was the worst news I could hear, as I absolutely fell in love with my Jeep, including the thousands of dollars I've already spent in customizations. Unfortunately, the news got even worse, I was told by the dealer that the Valve Body replacement won't be available till sometime in March. At this point, I cannot express my overwhelming disappointment with JEEP, and the fact that something like this could happen to brand new vehicles that should still be considered in the indestructible phase. My Jeep was only 8 months old, and now I am stuck with a Mini Van rental, including not knowing exactly when I will ever get my Jeep back. My confidence in the reliability of Jeep has gone in a downward spiral. Considering what happen to my Wife's Jeep, and now seeing what happen to mine, I cannot fathom how I can build up my confidence in Jeep again. The fact that the valve body is unavailable, and that my Jeep broke down only 8 months in, does not leave much room for hope. I need to know if there is anyone that could help me find a valve body for my Jeep so that I am not stuck in this scenario for Months? Please provide help/assistance, thank you.

58AA85E5-250C-40A3-97FE-E13493978E98.jpeg
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Mechanical stuff breaks - can happen to any vehicle. That said 6 weeks to fix is unacceptable. I don’t understand how they have the parts to build them but not to fix them. I’m really tired of the COVID excuse. See if Jeep Cares can escalate.... I’ve need lucky so far on my 9 month old Jeep - only occasional electrical glitches that I’ve need able to solve by disconnecting the battery or clearing a couple of apparently faulty error codes. Good luck....

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
"My confidence in the reliability of Jeep"

You must be new to Jeeps.

I do hope that they can find the part sooner though. Nobody wants to be stuck driving a minivan

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
When they run, they are fantastic. When they break down, they piss you off. Trust me, I know, because mine has been in the shop several times, for piddly things. It's been in the shop now, for a week, and hopefully will be out in a day or two. I love and hate it at the same time.

Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello, I’m new here, and I hope this info finds the correct person that could help me with my situation. Last year I got a brand new 2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude on May 18th, 2020. MY wife also got a brand new 2020 Jeep Willey, just a week after me on May 25th, 2020. Unfortunately the Jeep she picked broke down at the dealership just when we finished signing the paper work. We couldn't even get the brand new Jeep out of the lot (But this is a different story). I am here to talk about my unfortunately situation that happened on Monday, January 25th, 2021. On the way home on Monday morning, my Jeep stalled at a stop sign. I was unable to shift it into any gear. I couldn't even shift it to Neutral so that I can push the Jeep out of the way from the single lane construction zone I was stuck in. I immediately called my Jeep Dealership, and they did provide roadside assistance. 90 Minutes later, and after upsetting half of the city, the tow truck arrived and I was towed to my Jeep Dealership. After a quick assessment by the dealer, I was told that my Jeep needs a new Valve Body due to factory defect. This to me was the worst news I could hear, as I absolutely fell in love with my Jeep, including the thousands of dollars I've already spent in customizations. Unfortunately, the news got even worse, I was told by the dealer that the Valve Body replacement won't be available till sometime in March. At this point, I cannot express my overwhelming disappointment with JEEP, and the fact that something like this could happen to brand new vehicles that should still be considered in the indestructible phase. My Jeep was only 8 months old, and now I am stuck with a Mini Van rental, including not knowing exactly when I will ever get my Jeep back. My confidence in the reliability of Jeep has gone in a downward spiral. Considering what happen to my Wife's Jeep, and now seeing what happen to mine, I cannot fathom how I can build up my confidence in Jeep again. The fact that the valve body is unavailable, and that my Jeep broke down only 8 months in, does not leave much room for hope. I need to know if there is anyone that could help me find a valve body for my Jeep so that I am not stuck in this scenario for Months? Please provide help/assistance, thank you.
Mechanical stuff breaks - can happen to any vehicle. That said 6 weeks to fix is unacceptable. I don’t understand how they have the parts to build them but not to fix them. I’m really tired of the COVID excuse. See if Jeep Cares can escalate.... I’ve need lucky so far on my 9 month old Jeep - only occasional electrical glitches that I’ve need able to solve by disconnecting the battery or clearing a couple of apparently faulty error codes. Good luck....
@JeepCares Help the OP..please!
Hey @Windshieldfarmer & @Rico1111 -- thanks for tagging us and bringing this to our attention! We love that our Jeep community is so supportive of one another.

@Ag3nt1 ,

We'd be more than happy to look into your situation further to see where we can be of assistance. Just send us a private message with your current mileage & VIN so we can discuss next steps. Thanks everyone!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Thanks Courtney:like:

Wenk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy Sport 4x4
Thanks Courtney:like:
Good luck my 2021 Wrangler Willy has 560 miles and needs a valve body. Oh and if its not the valve body they will need to replace the transmission. Mine has been at the dealership since 1/15/21 I haven't even been updated on a part# 68408601AF they cant even locate one . Interesting that they told you they will have a part in March, Maybe some hope they will have my part in March.

Sponsored

Wenk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cares Find us a part and reply to us when you find one.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Have you gotten @JeepCares involved in your case? Many times it has helped to cut through the bs depending on where you are and what dealership. They do not work miracles but they do try to get the ball rolling.

Wenk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you gotten @JeepCares involved in your case? Many times it has helped to cut through the bs depending on where you are and what dealership. They do not work miracles but they do try to get the ball rolling.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Customer Care Is trying to locate part. With not any part to be found.
I'm not sure what Jeep care does. I did message them they were zero help they replied back with it looks like fca is helping you. So frustrated and waiting.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mechanical stuff breaks - can happen to any vehicle.
It's really annoying to see how many people on this site just stick their heads in the sand when it comes to FCA quality control and reliability. SO so so many of us on here have issues big and small with our brand new vehicles. FCA has a clear quality control problem. OP here bought two new Jeeps and BOTH were undrivable in under a year.

Sorry you have to go through this OP, I myself and many others have felt your pain. FCA quality and reliability is shit. I have no idea if it has always been like this but many JLs have been riddled with issues. I myself have learned that buying a new Jeep is not worth it. If I could do it all over again I would have bought used in a heart beat as the whole purpose of buying new to me was so I didn't have to deal with bullshit like this on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
So I am not going to agree nor disagree with your assessment that FCA or any other big Auto Company making and selling 300k vehicles a year are alone in that dept . Quality issues happen to all of them when producing those numbers, could they be better at building and inspecting and designing with better materials, better sourced parts? Absolutely! But, like all car companies they are in business to make money...the faster they build them the more they make ...and yes at your expense. I have owned and driven American as well as foreign some very expensive some not. The one thing they all have in common is they are not bulletproof...they all have their Achilles heal! they all had issues that they should not have had given how much you pay for them. Porsche BMW Audi Ford Chevrolet ...ALL OF THEM! So yes FCA has issues and yes they could do better, I have had a few issues with my JL but overall a great experience so far. I am sorry to those who got theirs and had the opposite! It really is sad because Jeeps are pretty great vehicles when they are not riddled with Gremlins. I am not excusing the fact that some dealerships are just hard to deal with nor that the Factory at FCA is not pushing out Parts to rectify the known problems on many JL's. Hopefully they will get their act together and start to recognize they will loose a lot of future business if they don't start to address them. But in the immediate ...it is unacceptable to have to wait any longer than a week for any given part! That is def on them!
Sponsored