Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited ORDER GUIDE (4-Door)!

JDulks

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Yukon Denali, 2013 BMW 335i e93
Glad I got my order in for Red 2019 JLUR 3.6 with herritage tan. Was worried they would move to the Gladiator Saddle brown seats and it's exactly what they did! Phew.. Got the vin update today on my build Happy 4th everyone!
Sponsored

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
Just for curiosity sake I’m curious to see what the fuel mileage numbers on these different engine options will be. That is if they require new numbers to be tested?

Mainly I’m curious if the 2.0 with ESS will be less than the 2.0 with BSG, if so it would probably completely negate fuel savings especially considering the premium fuel situation for it vs regular
Some of these engines require premium? Which ones?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
A. Has it been confirmed that the standard tire size for the Rubicon is now 255/75r17 unless you select MT (TWG) or White Letter AT (TT4)?

B. Larger screen is now available in two ways:

8.4 Radio and premium sound (AEK)
Or seperate:
Uconnect 4 Nav with 8.4 Display.

What exactly do you lose by selecting the second option? Different head unit?

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
B. Larger screen is now available in two ways:

8.4 Radio and premium sound (AEK)
Or seperate:
Uconnect 4 Nav with 8.4 Display.

What exactly do you lose by selecting the second option? Different head unit?
Purely a guess: You get the same 8.4 head-unit, without the alpine powered subwoofer and alpine speakers in the doors.

Sponsored

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Some of these engines require premium? Which ones?
Section 8, Pg 531 of the 2019 Owners manual says this

“This engine is designed to meet all emission requirements, and provide satisfactory fuel economy and performance, when using high-quality unleaded “regular” gasoline having an octane rating of 87, as specified by the (R+M)/2 method. The use of 91 or higher octane “premium” gasoline will allow these engines to operate to optimal performance. This increase in performance is most noticeable in hot weather or other heavier load conditions, such as while towing. While operating on gasoline with the required octane number, hearing a light knocking sound from the engine is not a cause for concern. However, if the engine is heard making a heavy knocking sound, see your dealer immedi- ately. Use of gasoline with a lower than recommended octane number can cause engine failure and may void or not be covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.”

So while not required as someone else mentioned, 91 is recommended

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTOR®
I have been holding off waiting on the Diesel, it was conveyed to me from my dealer today that the wait could be long.... So, I am now considering the 2.0T on a 2020. I am having the hardest time accepting the red dash, I personally hate it.

Crux

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0D JLUR ordered
I have been holding off waiting on the Diesel, it was conveyed to me from my dealer today that the wait could be long.... So, I am now considering the 2.0T on a 2020. I am having the hardest time accepting the red dash, I personally hate it.
- you want diesel
- you hate the thing you’ll stare at
- you’ve been waiting

.... you WILL hate not waiting longer

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTOR®
- you want diesel
- you hate the thing you’ll stare at
- you’ve been waiting

.... you WILL hate not waiting longer
It is pretty easy to get a dash in grey... The only true disappointment will be that I won't be able to get a diesel.

Sponsored

Doug997

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Q5, JLUR 4XE (on order)
same, i almost made the order yesterday. After choose aek, alp is grey out. The dealer says they will hold my order for a while to see if it is fixed.
I’m trying to order and my dealer said they cannot select both AEK and ALP as discussed here. They indicated I simple have to wait until it is allowed as it will be at some future time. I thought I read somewhere there was a way around this restriction, some trick?

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
I thought I read somewhere there was a way around this restriction, some trick?
Not as of now... there was just someone who posted something garbled by autocorrect that made it unclear if he was a victim of this glitch or found a way around it, but my dealer has convinced me he's tried everything and it's now up to FCA to make a fix to the dealer configurator. Everyone agrees that AEK and ALP should definitely not conflict for any reason, so it's almost certainly a temporary glitch. Multiple dealers notified FCA of the issue... so hoping it's being worked on. But you never know... could be weeks or even months...

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah, sadly I ran into the same thing (different dealer here in socal). I'm going to keep trying to find a deal, but I'm not placing an order until I can get AEK+ALP! Those are like the most non-negotiable parts of my order, lol.

Honestly I'm not particularly thrilled about the 2020 options right now. The Rubicon looks cooler, but the Sahara has the BSG! Which means it's faster. And I hate a sluggish drivetrain.

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
The Rubicon looks cooler, but the Sahara has the BSG! Which means it's faster. And I hate a sluggish drivetrain.
Very subjective statement and I tend to disagree. (Warning, unpopular opinion ahead). As a non Jeep guy here (researching for wife), I actually don't like the looks of the Rubicon, and the practicality of what I assume 90% of Wrangler buyers should be buying is in a Sahara.
and realistically, not a Wrangler at all.

That being said, if you're considering a Sahara, seems like you'll be happy either way.

JLSahara22

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
Does the 3.6L eTorque require premium or just the 2.0L? Also, do they both have BSG? Anything else to consider between the 3 engine options for the Sahara? Thanks!
Sponsored