Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited ORDER GUIDE (4-Door)!

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it possible that FCA is not even confident enough to put the 3.6L eTorque/turbo in the Rubicons which are more likely to be used for offroading? Maybe they have statistics showing Sahara owners tend to drive on less rough roads, so a new engine version is less likely to have issues compared to putting them in Rubicon and get heavily loaded?
Etorque has been on the Rubicon for 2 years now. AFAIK, there have been no widespread issues with the 2.0 eTorque
Sponsored

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
The problem is I really want the P’unkn orange but my wife (and I as well) don’t like the clash with that and the red stitching. And not a fan of the beige seats. And the new dark saddle isn’t much different.

So it’s going to be between white, red, or sting grey for us it seems like. Gobi would have been cool and not clashing with the red.
Red dash isn’t on the punkn or mojito Rubicon

rubicali

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota in the past, just started owning a JL :D
Etorque has been on the Rubicon for 2 years now. AFAIK, there have been no widespread issues with the 2.0 eTorque
Thanks, that's good to know. I'm trying to decide what engine to get.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I just don’t understand why Jeep is choosing not to put either of their “mild hybrids” in their top of the line product in the US/Canada. The only thing that I can think of is that wrangler customer feedback on the system in a rubicon was not positive.

I am told that Most Jeeps won’t see dirt. But I think that a significantly higher portion of rubicons will. Perhaps those buyers were pushing back against the complexity of the system (as some have done here)?

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I just don’t understand why Jeep is choosing not to put either of their “mild hybrids” in their top of the line product in the US/Canada. The only thing that I can think of is that wrangler customer feedback on the system in a rubicon was not positive.

I am told that Most Jeeps won’t see dirt. But I think that a significantly higher portion of rubicons will. Perhaps those buyers were pushing back against the complexity of the system (as some have done here)?
I think you’re right, reading elsewhere it’s pretty clear that US Rubicon owner’s just don’t want the added complexity or the extra ‘stuff’ under the Jeep.

I think quite a high percentage of Rubicons do go off road. In the US if you’re not going away from the tarmac surely the Sahara with selec-trac makes more sense. Then you can have the eTorque too.

It’s different with the export models because we get a Rubicon with 4hi auto and the roc-trac transfer case, so the distinctions are somewhat blurred.

Sponsored

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I think you’re right, reading elsewhere it’s pretty clear that US Rubicon owner’s just don’t want the added complexity or the extra ‘stuff’ under the Jeep.
I definitely agree. I've read so many threads since I joined where Rubicon buyers/owners strongly opposed of the eTorque. Not a surprise to me that it wouldn't be an option, but again, things could change.

I have no prior knowledge of the tendencies of FCA, nor do I work for them, so really I have no idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
I definitely agree. I've read so many threads since I joined where Rubicon buyers/owners strongly opposed of the eTorque. Not a surprise to me that it wouldn't be an option, but again, things could change.

I have no prior knowledge of the tendencies of FCA, nor do I work for them, so really I have no idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hopefully you guys are right and they are listening to Rubicon owners. This is the last time I will mention it in this thread but I hope they listen on broadening manual transmission options as well. :)

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed this was missing from the order sheet as well: ACTIVE NOISE CONTROL SYSTEM (JLW) - W/EC3

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
It looks like you can order the 8.4 screen separate of the premium sound package now. What exactly do you lose by ordering it alone?

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Reading the order guide, it appears that if you want the BFG Tires on Rubicon (presuming they are KO2's), then they only come as OWL and not as BSW which I think was an option last year. I'd really prefer black sidewall lettering to white. Is that option really gone? (yeah, i know... not a huge deal)

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Reading the order guide, it appears that if you want the BFG Tires on Rubicon (presuming they are KO2's), then they only come as OWL and not as BSW which I think was an option last year. I'd really prefer black sidewall lettering to white. Is that option really gone? (yeah, i know... not a huge deal)
I think you are correct.

Can the BFG tires just be reversed?

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
Here's an odd one. Looking at the sheets for the JLUS, if you want the Altitude package, you can only you you can only get Carplay or Android Auto if you get the 4-cylinder. The two 6's are excluded. How does that make sense?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I think you are correct.

Can the BFG tires just be reversed?
I asked a salesman about this today. He stated: black sidewalls ATs are the included tire. The Falken MT and BFG Ko2 OWL are free options.

However, it looks like you get bumped down to 255/75r17 tires if you don't choose one of those two options. Take a look at the 2020 what's new thread in the general section.

Last edited:

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
I asked a salesman about this today. He stated: black sideways ATs are the included tire. The Falken MT and BFG Ko2 OWL are free options.

However, it looks like you get bumped down to 255/75r17 tires if you don't choose one of those two options. Take a look at the 2020 what's new thread in the general section.

I feel like a scouring pad to the white letters would give you some BSW pretty quickly?
Sponsored