Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited ORDER GUIDE (4-Door)!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Holy cow! I have been mis-reading the current 2020 build sheets posted yesterday.

I see now that the rubicon and Sport do not reference a 2.0T with BSG/eTorque. ....... unless this is a typo, are they saying that the 45v battery and all the cooling lines, etc have been DROPPED from the 2.0T engine leaving just a 2.0T non-“mild hybrid” engine?

Am I now reading what a few of you saw immediately?
Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Well the export model Rubicon 2.0T has never had eTorque so it’s not exactly ‘new’ or ‘dropped’ just different.

Yes you’re reading that right.

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
I remain very disappointed in the lack of manual transmission options. It is so frustrating that it appears that the Ford Bronco will get a turbo engine with a seven speed manual transmission and Jeep fans have been clamoring for an option like this forever. Even taking the extra time to develop the manual transmission for the mild/parallel hybrid system of etorque would’ve been appreciated. I recognize the value (and likely superiority) of automatic transmissions, but Wrangler drivers also buy them because they are fun to drive and a manual transmission adds so much in this respect.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Well the export model Rubicon 2.0T has never had eTorque so it’s not exactly ‘new’ or ‘dropped’ just different.

Yes you’re reading that right.
Fair enough. I take a US centric n]view. Apologies.

The Export version of the 2.0T: does it have the two battery setup like the 3.6 (regular battery and little motorcycle one too?). Or does it have only one battery?

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Fair enough. I take a US centric n]view. Apologies.

The Export version of the 2.0T: does it have the two battery setup like the 3.6 (regular battery and little motorcycle one too?). Or does it have only one battery?
Yes we get the second, smaller battery because we get ESS.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Yes we get the second, smaller battery because we get ESS.
Thank you.

Is the second battery buried down below the fuse box like the 3.6? And is it wired essentially the same as the 3.6? Is there a U.K. video that you can link to that shows the 2.0T and its motorcycle battery placement?

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Thank you.

Is the second battery buried down below the fuse box like the 3.6? And is it wired essentially the same as the 3.6? Is there a U.K. video that you can link to that shows the 2.0T and its motorcycle battery placement?
Yes it’s under the fuse box and yes I assume it’s wired the same as the 3.6, can’t see why it would be different.

Here’s a US video that shows the battery location, in the UK it’s actually on the other side as we have RHD...,

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
If I’m reading this correctly, the Moab edition is also being discontinued. I kinda suspected this. Jeep historically runs SE’s for 2 years, and this came out during the 2018 MY. Expect that Jeep will introduce a new SE sometime during the 2020 MY run,

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I wanted a Rubicon with a diesel but would have definitely settled for a 3.6 w/ BSG. Then I thought well if neither of those are offered then I'd settle for a 2.0T w/ BSG....now it looks like that won't even be offered.
I'm down to my 4th choice with the plain jane 3.6 and bunch of wasted time waiting for the 2020..
I feel the same! Pissed off!!!!! Why Jeep doesn't offer their flagship engine... 3.6 with E-Torque (BSG) with their flagship model... "Rubicon" just doesn't make sense.

And, to top it off, I contacted the dealer this morning that I have been in contact with for several months, while watching their constant ads where ALL of their JL's were advertised at 12-15% off MSRP (6-8% below invoice), come back and tell me their best offer on a new 2020 order is 1% off invoice... even with my Tread Lightly discount! Yeah... I'm upset!!!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I’ve never driven the eTorque version of the 2.0T, it’s just not available in the UK so it’s hard to make a comparison. My understanding is the two engines ultimately make the same power and torque... as the eTorque only boosts the power at low revs. So you feel it accelerating from a standstill. It’s an extra 70bhp, so it’s not insignificant. I think it cuts out at 1000/1500 revs and the normal petrol engine takes over from there.

I’m not disappointed in the performance of mine at all. It doesn’t feel to me like it would struggle to run bigger tyres. It makes slightly less power but more torque than the 3.6 even without the eTorque.
From my understanding, you are correct. I wouldn't expect huge differences once moving but the BSG does help with accelerating from a stop. Including making the start/stop a bit more seamless.

I don't understand they even bother offering the 2.0T without the BSG in the Rubicon.

I wanted a Rubicon with a diesel but would have definitely settled for a 3.6 w/ BSG. Then I thought well if neither of those are offered then I'd settle for a 2.0T w/ BSG....now it looks like that won't even be offered.
I'm down to my 4th choice with the plain jane 3.6 and bunch of wasted time waiting for the 2020..
Holy cow! I have been mis-reading the current 2020 build sheets posted yesterday.

I see now that the rubicon and Sport do not reference a 2.0T with BSG/eTorque. ....... unless this is a typo, are they saying that the 45v battery and all the cooling lines, etc have been DROPPED from the 2.0T engine leaving just a 2.0T non-“mild hybrid” engine?

Am I now reading what a few of you saw immediately?
Essentially FCA made the standard 3.6 engine a $500 upgraded engine. They are now offering the 2.0T as the new standard engine $500 below what the 3.6 cost previously.

I was leaning towards the 2.0T thinking it was the same engine that I have read feedback on in regard to power/larger tires. Now I am not certain which way to go.

I also wonder if it is a typo. I have seen mistakes in previous Order Guides.

Looking over the Order Guide again it doesn't appear to be a typo as there are different order codes.

You would think that FCA would keep the consumer updated...

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
If I’m reading this correctly, the Moab edition is also being discontinued. I kinda suspected this. Jeep historically runs SE’s for 2 years, and this came out during the 2018 MY. Expect that Jeep will introduce a new SE sometime during the 2020 MY run,
The sport lists a Black and Tan edition. If you read the options it comes with, it has many that don’t come on the other sports. So this is NOT just a black sport with tan interior and top

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
It looks like you can order the 8.4 Nav separate of the Premium Audio group now. $1,595 vs $995.

Am I reading this correct?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Why would they not offer their top engine in their "Flagship" vehicle... the Rubicon???
Only one of the following is correct:
1. Rubicon is their flagship
2. 3.6 with eTorque is their top engine.

Hint: The answer hasn't changed since the Rubicon was first introduced ;-)

The Wranglers are already more complicated than FCA can reliably handle... and eTorque? No thanks.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Only one of the following is correct:
1. Rubicon is their flagship
2. 3.6 with eTorque is their top engine.

Hint: The answer hasn't changed since the Rubicon was first introduced ;-)

The Wranglers are already more complicated than FCA can reliably handle... and eTorque? No thanks.
After doing some more research and thinking about it, I believe you are correct.