Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler Sky view one touch accident.

Bb31288

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler one touch sky view
So I had to drop a friend off at her house up a long wooded driveway at 10:30 pm. I was backing up looking at my back up camera to not hit a tree and a huge branch impaled my rear window. Split the top of the back roof. Ugh. Not sure if the whole roof needs to be replaced!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sky view one touch accident. 9780CE85-D768-499E-B660-B7EFC21B5FFD

283C58FD-3DEA-4FC8-84C1-F8DEDC72A28A.jpeg
Sponsored

Sponsored

DogplasmaPeopleplasma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner Trail Premium....2021 JLUR
So I had to drop a friend off at her house up a long wooded driveway at 10:30 pm. I was backing up looking at my back up camera to not hit a tree and a huge branch impaled my rear window. Split the top of the back roof. Ugh. Not sure if the whole roof needs to be replaced!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sky view one touch accident. 283C58FD-3DEA-4FC8-84C1-F8DEDC72A28A

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sky view one touch accident. 283C58FD-3DEA-4FC8-84C1-F8DEDC72A28A
Definitely an insurance claim so hopefully your deductible is not too painful. Just make sure you find a good body shop that will lean in on your insurance company and potentially seek guidance from a jeep dealer if need be for any fine tuning of a replacement. Had something silly happen to the wifeā€™s bmw years ago and a local shop I use ended up bringing it to a bmw dealer to fine tune the convertible top. Iā€™m in NJ also so if you are down south or a reasonable distance from Eagle Auto Body in Medford, they are top notch.

OP
OP

Bb31288

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely an insurance claim so hopefully your deductible is not too painful. Just make sure you find a good body shop that will lean in on your insurance company and potentially seek guidance from a jeep dealer if need be for any fine tuning of a replacement. Had something silly happen to the wifeā€™s bmw years ago and a local shop I use ended up bringing it to a bmw dealer to fine tune the convertible top. Iā€™m in NJ also so if you are down south or a reasonable distance from Eagle Auto Body in Medford, they are top notch.
We are in Monmouth County. The auto body repair shops is well known. Has great reviews. Needless to say Iā€™m concerned about all of it!

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Bb31288; I may be wrong...but I believe youā€™ll be able to replace just the back portion of the top. I remember a post from a couple years ago where someone managed to get a hold of a pre-production top and it was in pieces. Two side rails and a rear section. From what Iā€™ve heard, itā€™s a major pain in the butt to get everything lined up correctly for the top to operate without leaks...so this will definitely be an insurance claim and I would make sure to find a shop that will stand behind their work.

OP
OP

Bb31288

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Bb31288; I may be wrong...but I believe youā€™ll be able to replace just the back portion of the top. I remember a post from a couple years ago where someone managed to get a hold of a pre-production top and it was in pieces. Two side rails and a rear section. From what Iā€™ve heard, itā€™s a major pain in the butt to get everything lined up correctly for the top to operate without leaks...so this will definitely be an insurance claim and I would make sure to find a shop that will stand behind their work.
That would be great. Cause I have to say Iā€™m concerned about needing the whole thing replaced.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

283C58FD-3DEA-4FC8-84C1-F8DEDC72A28A.jpeg
Ouch! Sorry man. That sucks!

That tire cover makes this photo seem so ironic.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
ouch , sorry to see that! I think you can replace just that back panel though . However, when you get it fixed have the body shop "lose" the tire cover on "accident" .

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
If you have to replace the whole top, you might be able to sell the damaged one for a grand or two. Someone could repair it before painting it to match their Jeep.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Just be sure the repair shop checks/verifies no water leaks following repairs -if there are and they donā€™t catch it up front you may have problems getting it right after the fact..
Sponsored