Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler rubicon recon edition ?

EJH220

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Rubicon Recon / 20 Aviator / 22 Bronco Sport
Is it a Canadian Jeep? It doesn't have the American Flags on the side, and your base price is almost $10,000.00 more than mine.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I could see someone slapping the recon badge on the side and trying to pass a non recon rubicon off as a recon. Maybe even going so far as to bolting on the exterior stuff.

But to replace the dash and seatbelts seems pretty unlikely. The only thing that doesn’t look right on yours is the vinyl graphics.

I’m not sure if Jeeps intent was to only offer recons in 2.0 eTorque but I’m thinking yours is legit.

The vinyl on the hood is correct…same as my recon. The early versions were all black vinyl…

I pulled up our recon edition window sticker out of curiosity. Use that link @TheDukeofLark pasted in and add your VIN. Look for the below and let us know what you find.
1663725713780.png

Welcome to the forum!

Deleted member 59498

Looks like Canadian dollars. Destination fee is way off for 2020.

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
Soaree, I have to throw an Orange (Canadian Football League humor) flag. You didn't tell us it was a Gray Market Car. You have a 2020 Candian Rubicon Recon edition. I hope the dealer gave you a two four as part of the deal.

In all seriousness, cool rig. There's a company in Hamburg, NY that brings in Gray Market Cars all the time. They have 5-6 JKs and JLs on their lot right now. I almost bought a 2015 2 door JK from them last year but it was a little too rusty underneath for me.

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Is it a Canadian Jeep? It doesn't have the American Flags on the side, and your base price is almost $10,000.00 more than mine.
Good catch on the price. The flag however I think was introduced on the 2021 models.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Good catch on the price. The flag however I think was introduced on the 2021 models.
Mine's a '20 and has the flags. Hood sticker is black with stylized text in it and a red border around the black hood sticker and the flags.
His has all the subtle features too. Red seatbelts, gloss black grill, HD rock sliders, leather trim dash, bumper hoop. Neat find! Never even heard of a 3.6 recon, but looks like you got one.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Canadian. Lists an Ontario tire surcharge on the sticker.

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Mine's a '20 and has the flags. Hood sticker is black with stylized text in it and a red border around the black hood sticker.
His has all the subtle features too. Red seatbelts, gloss black grill, HD rock sliders, leather trim dash, bumper hoop. Neat find! Never even heard of a 3.6 recon, but looks like you got one.
I wonder if the flag was mid production 2020. If you Google 2020 Jeep Recon and look at the images you will see that most of them have the solid black decal on the fender.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I wonder if the flag was mid production 2020. If you Google 2020 Jeep Recon and look at the images you will see that most of them have the solid black decal on the fender.
Not sure when they changed over, but a lot of the earlier recons had a plain flat black hood decal too. Mine is loaded with marketing phrases like "HD Dana 44", "Swaybar Disconnect", "Lockers", "4:1 Rock-trac"..... I didn't like it at first, but I don't mind it now. It's black writing on a black sticker so it's subtle.

pipincan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0L North Edition *Bikini Pearl*
Canadian. Lists an Ontario tire surcharge on the sticker.
The other giveaway is the engine block heater as standard. My understanding for all US models, this is optional.

As this is a Canadian vehicle, where does the OP stand on warranty?

OP
OP
Johnnytan58

Johnnytan58

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep wrangler rubicon recon edition
Oh yea my car is Canadian. but do y’all think the recon editions in Canada are built different? The previous owner of my car lives in Michigan . Idk why he would cross the border to order his wrangler .
Sponsored