2020 Jeep Wrangler lemon law questions

MelissaKuykendall1

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl Sahara 2020
I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler with less than 7000 miles. It has been a nightmare. It has shut off while going down the road at 70 miles hour more than once. That was a very dangerous situation. So we take it to the dealer and they can’t get it to do it so that’s about it. Then a few days later it does it again. This time we get a check engine light. Apparently, the jeep had an oil leak and needed a new sending unit. That took a couple of weeks. No problem. We thought the issues was resolved but just 100 miles later, the same thing happens. We check the oil and it’s almost bone dry. We tow the jeep home and call the dealership. Literally, they ignore us for a week before I decided to just have it towed up there. It’s now been there for 2 weeks and I don’t have any resolutions. At this point, I’d like to lemon law the jeep. It’s unreliable and extremely unsafe. I’ve never had an issue like this before so my question is where do I start? Who can I contact to see if they would be willing to buy back my Jeep. We still love the Jeep. We just don’t trust this Jeep. It’s going to cause a major accident. Not to mention, it’s had 2 major oil leaks in its short 7000 mile life.
Sponsored

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Lemon Laws are specific to the state, so I'd suggest searching about Lemon Laws in Florida, if that's where you're located.

OP
OP

MelissaKuykendall1

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl Sahara 2020
Lemon Laws are specific to the state, so I'd suggest searching about Lemon Laws in Florida, if that's where you're located.
I’m in Florida but I bought in Atlanta. Does that matter?

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
In Florida, they actually give you a booklet on the lemon law when you buy a vehicle, don't know about Georgia though.

But simply I think you have to have it to the dealership for the same issue like 3x with no resolution before you can invoke lemon law.

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
I believe the Lemon law follows the state in which you purchase the vehicle, not the state in which you reside.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Just to cross all the tees and dot all the i’s, I’d reach out to JeepCares first.

They are not very successful in getting your dealer to get off its ass, but your lemon laws may require you to demonstrate that you have exhausted every avenue and are truly at the end of your rope.

Good luck.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler with less than 7000 miles. It has been a nightmare. It has shut off while going down the road at 70 miles hour more than once. That was a very dangerous situation. So we take it to the dealer and they can’t get it to do it so that’s about it. Then a few days later it does it again. This time we get a check engine light. Apparently, the jeep had an oil leak and needed a new sending unit. That took a couple of weeks. No problem. We thought the issues was resolved but just 100 miles later, the same thing happens. We check the oil and it’s almost bone dry. We tow the jeep home and call the dealership. Literally, they ignore us for a week before I decided to just have it towed up there. It’s now been there for 2 weeks and I don’t have any resolutions. At this point, I’d like to lemon law the jeep. It’s unreliable and extremely unsafe. I’ve never had an issue like this before so my question is where do I start? Who can I contact to see if they would be willing to buy back my Jeep. We still love the Jeep. We just don’t trust this Jeep. It’s going to cause a major accident. Not to mention, it’s had 2 major oil leaks in its short 7000 mile life.
Just to cross all the tees and dot all the i’s, I’d reach out to JeepCares first.

They are not very successful in getting your dealer to get off its ass, but your lemon laws may require you to demonstrate that you have exhausted every avenue and are truly at the end of your rope.

Good luck.
Thanks for tagging us here, aldo98229.

We're very sorry to hear of your concerns here, MelissaKuykendall1. Although our team does not specifically assist with Lemon Law, we can get you in touch with a case agent while the Jeep undergoes repairs. If you're interested, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

MelissaKuykendall1

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl Sahara 2020
Thank you, I did contact them about a week ago and have a case manager now. We will see what happens but I’m scared of it now. Not only for this problem but problems to come because of the running so low on oil. I did get good news that as long as we were under a state of emergency, the time allotment is paused. So if it doesn’t qualify this time, and there is another issue in the future, at least we have extra time.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I’m in Florida but I bought in Atlanta. Does that matter?
The contract for buying the vehicle should have a "choice of law" provision that says which state's law will apply to any dispute. If you bought it in GA, 99% sure the contract says GA law applies.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I would try and do a deal with dealer/Chrysler Jeep. I did that with a Grand Cherokee better deal. I had 20K on the GC and Jeep did a new GC and year newer (was right at model year change, had to wait a month) had to pay about $1800. but ended up with a new GC and a year up. I thought much better than lemon law deal.

This was awhile back so things I'm sure have changed. It was Daimler/Jeep then so...??? Good luck whatever happens!

Go Jeep!!!

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Easiest and safest bet is to contact a lawyer who specializes in lemon laws. They can answer your questions the best. And in most states the manufacturer pays your lawyer fees if they buy back the vehicle. So most will sit down with you for free to look over your documentations and hear the issues. So take everything you have on the issue with you.
Sponsored