Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys - Sound Bar 6 1/2 upgrades (no sound)

jrowephoto

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JL) Willys Edition
I have a new 2020 JLU Willys and LOVING it. I'm upgrading my audio system, but not putting an amp on YET.

I've bought the adapter/template required to upgrade the soundbar from the 4 stock speakers to two 6 1/2s. Once hooked back up, no audio whatsoever in the soundbar. After reading some posts, i'm wondering if the soundbar speakers are wired parallel, and since 2 of the original 4 speaker connectors are no longer plugged up, it's completely blocked the signal to the entire soundbar.

I bought some of the resistors.

What do yall recommend for something like this?

Thanks SO much!

Photo I took of my new toy attached :)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys - Sound Bar 6 1/2 upgrades (no sound) JEEP-HD3
Sponsored

davidsrosser

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I have a new 2020 JLU Willys and LOVING it. I'm upgrading my audio system, but not putting an amp on YET.

I've bought the adapter/template required to upgrade the soundbar from the 4 stock speakers to two 6 1/2s. Once hooked back up, no audio whatsoever in the soundbar. After reading some posts, i'm wondering if the soundbar speakers are wired parallel, and since 2 of the original 4 speaker connectors are no longer plugged up, it's completely blocked the signal to the entire soundbar.

I bought some of the resistors.

What do yall recommend for something like this?

Thanks SO much!

Photo I took of my new toy attached :)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys - Sound Bar 6 1/2 upgrades (no sound) JEEP-HD3
Ever get anywhere with this issue? Just got my JLU Willys this week and am looking at options...