Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there, let me introduce to you, HINTO!
My Ocean Blue metallic Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition.

The word “Hinto” is Native American (Sioux Dialect) for the word “Blue” which symbolizes strength and reliability. The jeep Willys is an American icon so i had no interest in purchasing any other model than the Willys edition. Loaded it up with everything possible except for the advanced safety group.

This Jeep is my first ever Jeep and let me tell you, I am hooked! Jeeper 4 life, no doubt about it.
I purchased Hinto in November 2019.
Since then I have done a good amount of modifications. Since the JLs look fantastic in my opinion, I did not want to change to much appearance but Hinto has some tricks up his sleeve and every Jeeper knows....you are never ever done building.

Here are the mods I have done so far and then I am going to tell you what else I have planned.

I will try to have lots of pictures with most of those features in sight from pick ups day to now.

Lets start with the suspension.

I am running a teraflex 1.5 inch performance spacer lift with teraflex 1.75 inch spacers for more stance.
My tires are 32s as of now. Firestone Destination M/T2s

Here are my exterior mods.

- Fab Fours stubby front bumper
I chose this bumper because it has simple lines, looks very aggressive but clean and completely frees the front tires to let them handle 100% of the obstacles with confidence. It is also ready to hold a winch whenever I decide to get it.

- Outmatch color matched shackles
These shackles matched the color almost perfectly so it was a no brainer to put some blue accents on the front end.

- Rigid Industries Radiance POD flood lights
These pods are killer. They have an amazing backlighting that you can have on at all times without blinding approaching cars but light up the night when you are ready to rock and roll in the dark. I got six of them and that is plenty for me.

- Swatow POD light covers (amber)
For the foggier nights.

- Artec Industries A-pillar dual pod light mounts
These mounts are minimalistic and look great with their high quality matte black finish.

- Spare tire brake lights LED ring
Just a little "cool kid" accessory to light up my rear to really tell people to back off and slow down.

- Rough Country steel tube doors with OEM mirrors
I looked at so many doors... these just had the best value for what you get and I am 100% satisfied. The most important part for me was for the doors to cover all of the bottom frame wich EAG has not managed thus far. No rattle, no hassle to assemble and adjust, and the looks I get followed up with compliments. It just stands out so much more.

- JeCar gas cap cover, Outmatch color matched shackles
Just looks clean and finished rather than an exposed cap. And what better to put on than the flag of our beloved country!

- Rydonair 13'' antenna with carbon fiber base
3 reasons: low profile, carbon fiber, functionality

- Goplus 500lbs cargo carrier with hitch mount
For my hunting days to load up game or throw a cooler on beach days.

- Kraken Offroad premium black powder coated antenna/flag bracket
I need to have stars and bars with me on a hot summer day. I just love this country.
This bracket is simple and it takes 5 minutes to install. Super solid and great matte black finish.

- Marketty Black coated stainless steel heavy duty antenna spring
Gotta make sure the pole doesn't absorb everything on the trails.

- Tram 3’ fiberglass CB-antenna
No CB yet but it works great as a flag pole as well.

- 5 inch drop hitch
For towing my trailer and boat flat without angle.

Now to the inside mods. All of these mods make my life either easier, more practical, or simple just tactical!

- JeCar Heavy Duty Dash Cell Phone Holder with multiple attachment points
A cheap option utilizing stock mounting holes. This thing is solid! does exactly what I expect.

- SnapSafe Passenger and Driver seat Gun Rack
A must have for every patriot on the way to the range. Let your AR get some sun while heading out to fire some freedom nuggets.

- Tribe16 Passenger and Driver Seat Molle Panel
These panels are amazing. You can mount any tool, molle pouch, fire extinguisher, water bottle or other accessories.

- Barbarian tactical molle pouches and magazine pouches
Hold everything I need from hammocks to zip ties and all of it accessible in seconds.

- Sukemichi tailgate table
Latest edition to my jeep and a life saver on the trail. Simple design and very sturdy. No rattles. And a lot cheaper than other brands. Great black finish.

- RZR ranger adjustable fire extinguisher mount
This thing keep your extinguisher secure but releases it fat when needed.

- H3R Performance automotive fire extinguisher
Best one I could find after lots of research. Small but powerful.

- JeCar mesh cargo net
Keeps stuff from flying out when hitting 75mph without top or doors and looks mighty aggressive.

- SevenSparta low profile door sill guards
Keeps the nice blue paint scratch free. I don't have side steps only rock rails so even with a small 1.5 inch lift, I have to put one foot on the door sill to get in.

- Informa inc. 1000 lumen LED flashlight color matched with roll cage mount
Super bright and perfect color match.

- Avovo auto rubber cup holder inserts
Just some play around easy to clean color matching inserts.

- Rough Country mesh sun blocker bikini top
I live in Charleston South Carolina so from April to October I would get fried without these. Cools the jeep down a couple degrees on a blazing summer day. Also protects your skin from getting burnt.

Those are all my mods up to this point.
The future will bring 35 inch tires mounted on myBlack aluminum Moab 17x7.5 wheels for a mean beefy look.

Other than that, thanks for reading this far and if you're interested, here is my factory order. Delivery time for me was only 5 weeks... can you believe it???

(Willys package) Black Grille, 17 inch Moab Black Aluminum Wheels, 32 inch Firestone Destination M/T Tires, Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle, LED Headlamp and Fog Lamp Group, Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Heavy Duty Brakes, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel, Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors, Power-Heated Mirrors, Remote Keyless Entry, Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows, All-Weather Floor Mats by Mopar, Security Alarm, Speed-Sensitive Power Locks, Power Front Windows with 1-Touch Down, Automatic Headlamps, Front LED Fog Lamps, LED Reflector Lamps, Rock Protection Sill Rails, Black Trail Rated Badge, Matte Black Jeep Badge, Technology Group - Uconnect 4 with 7-Inch Display, Cluster 7.0-Inch TFT Color Display, Apple Car Play, Sirius XM with 1-Years Radio Subscription, Air Conditioning with Automatic Temperature Control, Convenience Group - Remot-Start System, Universal Garage Door Opener, Cold Weather Group - Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Front Seats, Trailer Tow and Heavy Duty Electrical Group - Auxillary Switches, 240-Amp Alternator, 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery, Class || Receiver, 7-and 4-pin Wiring Harness, Safety Group - Park Sense Rear Park-Assist System, Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection, LED Tail Lamps, Alpine Premium Audio System, Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_9775.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_9842.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_9847.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_0071

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_1364

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition Snapseed.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition Snapseed copy

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_3677.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_3689

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_3713.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_4279

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_4317

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_3691

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_4512.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_4517

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_4697

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_4670.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_4672.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_3914

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_4518

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition IMG_4862

b8e4f1a4-4073-43ac-9cc9-4a921c57ac29-jpeg.jpg

9fc79fdf-605d-4959-856e-3470301f79d5-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
All I can say is, Bad-ass! It is so ironic that I purchased my Jeep in November and was going to end up with a Willy's because I wanted that Nostalgia and blue being my favorite color, but a friend convinced me to get a Rubicon. Mine is nothing special and is definitely bare bones with pretty much no options. However, this allows me to slowly build it how I want it and I have a lot of respect for people who do as you have done and make it your own. Awesome Job Kevin!

OP
OP
KevOh93

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
All I can say is, Bad-ass! It is so ironic that I purchased my Jeep in November and was going to end up with a Willy's because I wanted that Nostalgia and blue being my favorite color, but a friend convinced me to get a Rubicon. Mine is nothing special and is definitely bare bones with pretty much no options. However, this allows me to slowly build it how I want it and I have a lot of respect for people who do as you have done and make it your own. Awesome Job Kevin!
Thank you for those kind words!!
Sometimes i wish i had the rubicon clearance on the fenders or the sb-disconnect but all in all i am really happy.
Im gonna follow your build progress!

Sponsored

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EHS
Thank you for those kind words!!
Sometimes i wish i had the rubicon clearance on the fenders or the sb-disconnect but all in all i am really happy.
Im gonna follow your build progress!
Thanks,
I have high aspirations for mine but everything costs money lol. I'm being ambitious on setting the project date for a lift, rims and tires to be done by the end of this year ( or atleast have all the parts by then). I am also a novice when it comes to these posts but I'll do my best to get a build thread going! The disconnect & diff-locks are why I got the Rubi, but I'm all for the Willy's and all that matters is that you're happy with it.

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Wow... thats a pretty thoughtful build! I really dig that Fab Fours stubby front bumper. Love the simple lines, the bull bar as well as the way it follow the form of the grill.

I've considered this one myself. My one concern (with this, as well as so many other options) is the lack of skid plate options to pair with a front bumper. Im curious if you have found any that can be paired with the Fab Fours option?

My concerns are 2 fold - I want to be sure to protect my steering components. But as well, I think the skids help with wind drag and aero dynamics. Have you done any digging and found any options to add to this options?

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EHS
Wow... thats a pretty thoughtful build! I really dig that Fab Fours stubby front bumper. Love the simple lines, the bull bar as well as the way it follow the form of the grill.

I've considered this one myself. My one concern (with this, as well as so many other options) is the lack of skid plate options to pair with a front bumper. Im curious if you have found any that can be paired with the Fab Fours option?

My concerns are 2 fold - I want to be sure to protect my steering components. But as well, I think the skids help with wind drag and aero dynamics. Have you done any digging and found any options to add to this options?
Would the "Undercloak" by Metalcloak work?

OP
OP
KevOh93

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase

Thank you!
hmm that is a really good question.
i live in the lowcountry of south carolina so all i really have to ride in is deep water puddles and wooden trails with occasional gravel and soft dirt hills. Trying to make the best out of it.
So far i haven’t had the need to protect the underside. Thats something i will tackle ones i take trips to the smokeys or somewhere else with bigger rocks. Thats also why i am still on 32s. They have gotten me through everything so far. Wish i had some more challenging obstacles :/
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition 0A1450EB-087E-4439-BF65-76944174B779

MikeinDelaware

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Turbo
Build Thread
Link
Love your Willys! Well done!
I got the Fab Fours stubby about 2 weeks ago and i love it!
You mentioned rubi fender clearance, i added rubi fenders to my sport. It's a nice mod, and i got them line-x'd.
Im gonna check out those seatback molle panels, those are real nice. May be my next purchase.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition 20200511_154939

Sponsored

OP
OP
KevOh93

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Love your Willys! Well done!
I got the Fab Fours stubby about 2 weeks ago and i love it!
You mentioned rubi fender clearance, i added rubi fenders to my sport. It's a nice mod, and i got them line-x'd.
Im gonna check out those seatback molle panels, those are real nice. May be my next purchase.
thank you very much!
the fabfours stubby is just amazing. The price, the quality, the looks....
yea that looks really good. I might have to get me some! The panels are super nice!

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Definitely makes sense. Your rig looks pretty dang capable!

While I am out west where we do have access to some challenging obstacles... mine is primarily a snow / Tahoe runner and mining trails that deliver views for days. That said, as you go up - you also create wind drag from below. I really like the Fab Four and would love to find something to put together with it.

Again, really dig your set up~

Thank you!
i live in the lowcountry of south carolina so all i really have to ride in is deep water puddles and wooden trails with occasional gravel and soft dirt hills. Trying to make the best out of it.
So far i haven’t had the need to protect the underside. Thats something i will tackle ones i take trips to the smokeys or somewhere else with bigger rocks. Thats also why i am still on 32s. They have gotten me through everything so far. Wish i had some more challenging obstacles :/

sleeper_s

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I absolutely love everything you have done with your Willy's edition!

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EHS
Thank you!
Your scenery is what my jeep needs lol. Not to mention the spectacular photos, so much better than this Florida stuff (or atleast my area). Ironically, the only reason I'm making some tire and other changes is since I literally framed out on one of the "stock level" trails and it took 2 fellow Jeeps to pull me out. That was embarrassing LOL.

Jeep contact you yet to use yours for one of their billboard (Ad) presentations? Would drive Willy's sales even more.
Sponsored