Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude Edition Announced

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
All the road grime that sits on the bumper ends from the fender gap is going to be a mess on the painted bumper if not cleaned properly.
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Thanks for the feedback!! and well taken. I've driven rental jeeps in the past and today have a large SUV. I'm sure it won't drive the same as the SUV but I think I know what to expect. This will be our families third car (a couple teenagers in the house) so it'll get shared after a few months I'm sure.

Having said that, I'll make sure to do another couple test drives to make sure.

I'm reading between the lines and assume you had some manufacturing issues with your new JL? I've followed the forums here and have seen the steering issues etc. Hope it's all fixed for you now!
A Sahara might be a good fit for you because itā€™s not as tall and has a nice step. Our daughter loved driving our JK when she was a teen (especially whe the top and doors were off).

Good luck in your search!

CPOakton

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80
A Sahara might be a good fit for you because itā€™s not as tall and has a nice step. Our daughter loved driving our JK when she was a teen (especially whe the top and doors were off).

Good luck in your search!
I actually want to sit higher up. My teen is driving me nuts to buy a Jeep.....

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
The difference between a Sahara and Rubi ride height is about 3/4" if I remember correctly.

CPOakton

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80
The difference between a Sahara and Rubi ride height is about 3/4" if I remember correctly.
I was (incorrectly) thinking the 20 inch would sit higher. Or Iā€™ll consider a lift and new tires.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I was (incorrectly) thinking the 20 inch would sit higher. Or Iā€™ll consider a lift and new tires.
Rim size no matter. Tire size matter.

IMO they can take those 20" abominations , douse them with gas and throw a match at them. They ought to fire the guy/girl who decided they should offer a Jeep with 20" rims :)
But that's just my humble opinion ;)

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
No Mojave edition for the JL :(

JLCITY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2.0T Automatic
WIth the way prices are on JL's they need to offer higher end finishes. Most will never go offroad and I suspect these will be well received and may even grab the eye of a G wagon or Land Rover type buyer. Good or bad, I have no opinion but likely smart business.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
FCA is working to turn Jeep into Land Rover. While those high prices are enticing, Land Rover has been struggling for years. I'd hate to see Jeep get in that position.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Our JK had a 3.5ā€ lift and 35s. The Rockhard rails made a helpful step to get in (Iā€™m 5ā€™7ā€).

I have a co-worker in the same boat. Her daughter really wants a Jeep. Badly. They rented one on vacation and now her husband wants one. Of course Iā€™m egging them on :CWL:.

Reactions: VNT

JDM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
WIth the way prices are on JL's they need to offer higher end finishes. Most will never go offroad and I suspect these will be well received and may even grab the eye of a G wagon or Land Rover type buyer. Good or bad, I have no opinion but likely smart business.
Actually, from a business perspective this nothing but a short term cash grab that will only serve to alienate the hard core Jeep buyers and in time seriously disappoint those who do end up getting one on the basis of the ā€˜camouflageā€™ that is the High Altitude appearance package, IMO. If you want a Jeep get a Rubi or Sahara and be prepared to spend some money afterwards.

As far as the G Wagon, the Jeep is a completely different animal at a much lower cost. We have a Benz in the family and absolutely no comparison in the vehicle or the support. Iā€™m still thinking of getting a G Wagon and probably keeping the JL.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, from a business perspective this nothing but a short term cash grab that will only serve to alienate the hard core Jeep buyers and in time seriously disappoint those who do end up getting one on the basis of the ā€˜camouflageā€™ that is the High Altitude appearance package, IMO. If you want a Jeep get a Rubi or Sahara and be prepared to spend some money afterwards.

As far as the G Wagon, the Jeep is a completely different animal at a much lower cost. We have a Benz in the family and absolutely no comparison in the vehicle or the support. Iā€™m still thinking of getting a G Wagon and probably keeping the JL.
Well said. Yes, the endless sticker editions, the never-ending price hikes, the atrocious customer service.

Everything FCA does reeks of short-term cash grab.

JLCITY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2.0T Automatic
Short term cash grab is business these days everywhere, I am not naive enough to think FCA would be any different. Long term cars and trucks just aren't viewed the same by the younger set and whatever it takes to stay relevant in this short term society is what any business will do. If 20" wheels sell more this year, next year is a long way away and not to be worried about.

The hardcore Wrangler will always be there and probably represent a small subset of the total sold.

JDM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Short term cash grab is business these days everywhere, I am not naive enough to think FCA would be any different. Long term cars and trucks just aren't viewed the same by the younger set and whatever it takes to stay relevant in this short term society is what any business will do. If 20" wheels sell more this year, next year is a long way away and not to be worried about.

The hardcore Wrangler will always be there and probably represent a small subset of the total sold.
Short term cash grab and short term business are two entirely different things. Short term Cash Crab implies that the buyer has been taken in some way. I suspect that many new buyers will think that the Jeep rides and handles like any other SUV based on the appearance. Once they experience the ā€œJeep thingā€ I pretty sure that they will feel like theyā€™ve been taken. That will do nothing good for short or long term business. As one person on this forum so eloquently said ā€œsticking a feather up your butt doesnā€™t make you a chickenā€. IMO the Altitude Edition is a ā€œfeatherā€ that will make more than one person think theyā€™re getting a road runner. Think again.

As far as the hard core wrangler customer always being there, thats a huge presumption. But then weā€™re only a small subset of what made the Jeep Wrangler what it is, so who cares. Well I for one do and I think there are others. Alienate us and the price will be greater than the dollar value of the that someone thinks the small subset represents. Not speaking for the small subset just my opinion.
Sponsored