Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude Edition Announced

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Would I buy it? No chance. But if my girlfriend did I certainly wouldn't complain.

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
I own the High Altitude version of the Grand Cherokee Overland.

When I started contemplating my retirement roadtrip travel/camping, I considered changing the bumpers, and switching to 18" wheels so that that would be more "rubber" in the dirt. I like my 20" wheels and black appearance for city use, and I have taken it off road just a couple of times, and it's been an awesome daily driver coming off 25 years of picjup trucks, but if this new Wrangler HA is to truly be an offroad Jeep aren't the wheels too big for serious dirt?

Ultimately, I ordered a JLUR because making the GC HA fully offroad/overland capable beyond its stock capabilities seemed like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

This new Jeep seems cool for certain buyers but not enough rubber to "air down" properly. I could be wrong though.

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
My wife has a 2018 High Altitude Grand Cherokee and it is really nice. Very comfortable and drives perfect, not like my wandering Rubicon. It;s a really nice vehicle for someone who occasionally needs AWD. I would not venture too far off road in it, although you probably could. That is what the Rubi is for.

Sponsored

Redskinfan72

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Hard Pass on either one....

jasonlauren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Acura RDX Technology Package, 2008 Scion xB Release Series
I like the leather dash... a tad different from the sahara leather dash. WTT: red rubicon dash for high altitude leather dash?? anyone?

Sponsored

TDog W

First Name
TDog W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Vette, 11 Sienna SE, 15 Challenger, 20 Punk'n Rubicon
Occupation
Chillin
Looks Cool,,It almost looks like the Hellcat wide body rims on it...

images (1).jpg

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
High Altitude is fitting name as I'd have to be REALLY high to order that. 20" wheels, painted bumpers and SNAZZBERRY (guess they couldn't call it Snozzberry to avoid being sued by Dr. Seuss's estate). It's the mall-crawler's mall-crawler.
It was Roald Dahl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that coined "snozzberry".

As far as this trim is concerned, I was completely convinced this was some kind of joke, like the Cybertruck. This is something Jeep is actually going to sell, and in that color? Where's that Bronco6G link again...