Sponsored

2020 Jeep JL Model Year Waiting Club

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I ordered my 2019 JLUR Red w/ Tan last Sunday because the turnaround is quick right now, they told me if I waited for the 2020 it could be 12 weeks. Didn't want to wait and I knew exactly what I wanted. Can't wait to get an update!
I was at the dealership earlier this week. My salesman mentioned how long I waited then told me the next one that he ordered was 11 days from order to arrival lol.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
You may very well be right but there were several colors on the JK that had runs of less than a year(Mojave sand, commando green, dozer and even Nacho on the JL). If the color is already in use elsewhere on a FCA product then the R&D and testing are still relevant. I’m not aware of bikini on anything else from FCA so hopefully it is safe.
That is true, and Nacho was a very quick run on the JL! So I could be wrong. I really think Bikini will be around next year, but if it was the only color I wanted I might not wait, unless I wanted new technology.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Waiting to see how ,problems are addressed for the 2020

My existing will be paid off and I may trade in

Garweft

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
You may very well be right but there were several colors on the JK that had runs of less than a year(Mojave sand, commando green, dozer and even Nacho on the JL). If the color is already in use elsewhere on a FCA product then the R&D and testing are still relevant. I’m not aware of bikini on anything else from FCA so hopefully it is safe.
21C95313-3807-40F2-B8BE-7212B8B8DBB5.png

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
I saw that too but that color looks darker and it’s called bikini clear coat here but on the wrangler it’s called pearl coat. Maybe the pearl is just an extra layer on top.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Highlander
Standard procedure for What’s New. I’ve been to the event several times and it’s always been a September 1 embargo with the exception of whatever new car they launch at the event. FCA model year change over doesn’t officially happen until 9/1 every year, thus the embargo.

00D15C63-AE57-4F89-97B6-34AAA53ED712.jpeg
So let me see if I understand this... the order banks for the 2020 models will open up sooner (sometime @ the end of July, but who really knows), but we won’t know what’s changed until September 1 ?!?!?!

I mean, will it be that Forum members will just try and figure it out based on ordering options? We won’t know about other non-orderable fixes/changes until September?

Feels like kind of a crapshoot ordering a 2020 ASAP, then...

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
How do we get someone who got in to that "What's Coming" embargoed press presentation to spill some beans anonymously? I just need to know some specs on the diesel and when it will be open for ordering. Come on.... a few tidbits for us?

JDulks

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Yukon Denali, 2013 BMW 335i e93
Waiting to see how ,problems are addressed for the 2020

My existing will be paid off and I may trade in
Are you referring to the steering problem/death wobble? I think there's a class action lawsuit out on that, hoping I don't have any of those issues as it will be my daily driver and I hit the highways often.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
How much you want to bribe? I have all the info... but it's not for sale :)

How do we get someone who got in to that "What's Coming" embargoed press presentation to spill some beans anonymously? I just need to know some specs on the diesel and when it will be open for ordering. Come on.... a few tidbits for us?

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Lol. Nope I unfortunately take media embargoes seriously but the wait is almost over! Look at the 2020 thread in the purchasing forum and you’ll start to see the important tidbits being posted already. I think people are going to shake their heads once it’s all available though.

OP
OP
Alpha Delta

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
We just crossed 300k on our MDX, time for an upgrade! Now if the Fed would just go ahead and drop interest rates, that would be great.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
We just crossed 300k on our MDX, time for an upgrade! Now if the Fed would just go ahead and drop interest rates, that would be great.
Do you or any family members work for the government or military. Pentagon federal using their car buying service has the best rates I’ve seen. You can get 1.49% on a 36mo

OP
OP
Alpha Delta

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Do you or any family members work for the government or military. Pentagon federal using their car buying service has the best rates I’ve seen. You can get 1.49% on a 36mo
I’m a member of PenFed. On their website it’s showing 2.49% for 36 mo. Do they not advertise the lower rate?