Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Wrangler Unlimited Sahara.. previously 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Fitness Club AGM
I’m not waiting.

A1430EB7-A3DC-467E-8647-3E420C2D2774.jpeg
Beautiful bro, what’s the lift/tires/wheels combo by chance? I’m looking for a lift similar to that!

TIA
Sponsored

WSTruck

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Hi All! Annoying first post incoming, so my apologies in advance. To confirm - the two parts that have updated part #s for 2020 are replaceable with aftermarket options anyway? Only asking as I’m hoping to pull the trigger before the girl and I’s summer road trip season, but will wait if there are steering improvements that aren’t achievable aftermarket. To be clear, I’m only referring to the changed parts for 2020, I don’t expect or even want the Jeep to drive like anything other than a Jeep.

OP
OP
Alpha Delta

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
One of the sales guys just called me with the 2020 update. He said he talked his rep who told him that order banks for MY 20 should open second week of July. Take it with a grain of salt since there's no guarantees but it isn't exactly unbelievable either.

JDulks

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Yukon Denali, 2013 BMW 335i e93
I'm so torn, I got a value for my trade and priced out a 2019 Red JLU Rubi w/ Tan interior, loaded, last weekend. I'm running out of time to get the order in but I'm worried I won't have the option for 3.6 w/out BSG technology, I wouldn't be against it but I hate losing options, also the tan might change to the brown in Gladiator. Not the biggest fan of that shade as I think it belongs in a BMW not a jeep. If they keep these options and just make some fixes to steering, add colors, introduce the plug in version.. a 2020 would be preferred. What should I do?!

Sponsored

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
New here, first post....

I've been waiting for a long time, for various reasons. I started saving up in November 2017 but what defense contractors call "requirements creep" set in and I started adding options right and left. I'm disciplined with money and don't want to borrow much, so every added option is a setback in time. Also, I just don't like any of the 2018-2019 colors, so I was going to settle for white. I hate to "settle" when I'm spending so much on my first brand new car in 20 years, so I wait, and really, waiting for the 2020 MY will put me right about where I wanted to be financially, borrowing 1/3 of the final price or less. Anyway, back to the colors, I was really hoping for some crossover from Gladiator because I'm just not into flashy, metallic colors. Green is my favorite color but I'm just not into Mojito, too bright for me. Besides, multi-coat colors are harder to care for. I'm specifically hoping for Gobi and Gator in particular, but from what I'm reading here I'm not particularly hopeful. I hope that if they don't offer Gator on the '20 JL they offer some kind of darker green, or at least more "blend in" colors and less "stand out" colors. Otherwise, white it is, tired of waiting.
BTW, the FCA guide shows Gator and Gobi available on the Gladiator on 9/16, but not until 10/7 with body color roof and fenders.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
New here, first post....

I've been waiting for a long time, for various reasons. I started saving up in November 2017 but what defense contractors call "requirements creep" set in and I started adding options right and left. I'm disciplined with money and don't want to borrow much, so every added option is a setback in time. Also, I just don't like any of the 2018-2019 colors, so I was going to settle for white. I hate to "settle" when I'm spending so much on my first brand new car in 20 years, so I wait, and really, waiting for the 2020 MY will put me right about where I wanted to be financially, borrowing 1/3 of the final price or less. Anyway, back to the colors, I was really hoping for some crossover from Gladiator because I'm just not into flashy, metallic colors. Green is my favorite color but I'm just not into Mojito, too bright for me. Besides, multi-coat colors are harder to care for. I'm specifically hoping for Gobi and Gator in particular, but from what I'm reading here I'm not particularly hopeful. I hope that if they don't offer Gator on the '20 JL they offer some kind of darker green, or at least more "blend in" colors and less "stand out" colors. Otherwise, white it is, tired of waiting.
BTW, the FCA guide shows Gator and Gobi available on the Gladiator on 9/16, but not until 10/7 with body color roof and fenders.
Welcome!

We have requirements creep in software development, too, and it’s a PITA :)

I don’t blame you for not wanting to settle and get what you want on such a big purchase (for me it was orange :involve:).

Good luck!

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Just was told last build date for 2019 models is July 20th, was told no major changes, but possibly option if front trail cam (though they can’t fill demand in them for the gladiator so possibly not), and was told there might be new colors, possibly sting gray going away... and that they might do something along the lines of a rubicon hard rock package since it’s been 3 years with out a rubicon upsell.. it was all speculative in nature other than the date

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
2020 = 3.0l domestic desiel and a plug in hybrid

Sponsored

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Will the plug in be available at launch? Also, 3.6 bsg going to happen? thanks
Im not too sure on the availability, but we are starting to pilot the plug ins kinda frequently right now, im assuming by the end of july/aug we will start seeing them more and more, and i wouldn't get my hopes up on a 3.6l bsg... What are you looking to get engine wise in a jl?

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Extra note : the plugin uses the 2.0l

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Im not too sure on the availability, but we are starting to pilot the plug ins kinda frequently right now, im assuming by the end of july/aug we will start seeing them more and more, and i wouldn't get my hopes up on a 3.6l bsg... What are you looking to get engine wise in a jl?
Im all over the place undecided! lol Its between a 2dr Rubicon and the Gladiator. Dont want the turbo, just seems too new to me, although others are happy with it. Just noticed the plug in is the 2.0-hmmn... Either way I am trading my 14 JKU. The rubicon I'm intrigued by the plug in but dont know the specs and or possible drawbacks. The 3.6 bsg i thought was going to be the new standard, like it or not, and it seemed to have a good application on the Ram truck (probably better mpg and a little more initial torque). I might wait a few more weeks to see if the July order guide shows whats available.

Last edited:

JDulks

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Yukon Denali, 2013 BMW 335i e93
Tried to order my 2019 JLUR with 3.6 and the General Sales Manager said the only engine option available on 2019 orders is the 2.0l eTorque. I want the 3.6. Must mean they are retooling for all the different engine/hybrid options. Damn, now I have to wait so much longer.
Sponsored