Sponsored

2020 Jeep JL Model Year Waiting Club

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
My August build 2018 has this dome light. It’s not just on ‘19s.

I guess the difference is the 19 is brighter because it uses the 4 lights around the center one.

IMG_20190228_182231128.jpg
Sponsored

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
@Majestic

Lol - yep, pretty much. I got a good chuckle out of that.

More power to you guys who want to wait. Live and let live, I say.

I have my Sport just about a year now. 8,000 miles and no issues so far. Death wobble hasn't "plagued" me (laughed at whoever said that earlier). No wind noise issues. No leak issues. No rust issues. Just lucky I suppose, or so this forum would have me believe.

My wife has a 2015 Passat that is just now getting a major recall over driver airbag possibly exploding and sending metallic shrapnel into the cabin.

"Fix the bugs" is an...ongoing...term in my experience lol
Takata air bags?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Almost definitely. Tried some Googling but couldn't find anything definitive, but probably.

Sponsored

gotime4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ocean Blue, 2019 Ram 1500 etorque Laramie
- Color
- Waiting to resolve steering issues (drove a Rubicon and was not happy with the steering)
- Would love the plug-in hybrid
- Special Editions (holding my breath)
- My FJ just keeps going and going... 298K right now. The trans has been slipping for over 50K miles now and it just keeps going
What is the steering issue everyone is talking about?

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I waited last year for a diesel option ,a Gobi exterior option and then word about a 2 dr. JLT. At age 66 "burning daylight" is relevant. I ordered a JLR 1/31, it's built but no ETA yet. Maybe an electric Wrangler in year 20 something but, "frankly Scarlet, I don't give a Damn".

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am going to wait for the 2020 MY as well. It will give FCA time to workout some of the issues with the new JL. I am also wondering if they might bring an option to the Rubicon for 2020 of full time AWD (like they already have in Europe). No biggie if they don’t but I would be fun to consider that option.
There are a lot of good reasons to wait.

But I think waiting for them just to get the bugs worked out is flawed.

Most Wranglers have no issues. And some Wranglers bought in the 5th model year or whatever will still be lemons. So we are talking about the small percentage that would have issues in 2019 that would be fixed in the 2020. And there is no firm statement that any particular issue will be fixed in the 2020. So there is a small likelihood that you will get a Jeep in 2020 that is more reliable than 2019.

If you wait, you pay more. And not a little bit. A lot more. And not just the cost of the Jeep, but the financing. That is guaranteed.

So if you just like spending money go ahead and wait.

Link Pin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara, 2020 Gladiator
My XJ is going on it's 20th year and I was looking at the F150's when I got wind of the Gladiator.
I'm leaning toward a white (in Florida) Overland. No BSG due to early models with fires especially since we have a stilt home and it will be parked underneath the house. Tan seats (hate the red dash) and no bedliner. Ive had a huge amount of use out of the inline 6 and manual trans, but need a pickup now. I just hope the Gladiator is as good.

liventune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Folks,
Just saw this thread. Was going to order the 2019 Rubicon this week. Now in 2 minds given the concerns.

Looking for some guidance on whether to wait for the 2020 JL or 2019?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alpha Delta

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Folks,
Just saw this thread. Was going to order the 2019 Rubicon this week. Now in 2 minds given the concerns.

Make a list of pros and cons of waiting and buying now and see which list makes sense to you personally.

OP
OP
Alpha Delta

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
There are a lot of good reasons to wait.

But I think waiting for them just to get the bugs worked out is flawed.

Most Wranglers have no issues. And some Wranglers bought in the 5th model year or whatever will still be lemons. So we are talking about the small percentage that would have issues in 2019 that would be fixed in the 2020. And there is no firm statement that any particular issue will be fixed in the 2020. So there is a small likelihood that you will get a Jeep in 2020 that is more reliable than 2019.

If you wait, you pay more. And not a little bit. A lot more. And not just the cost of the Jeep, but the financing. That is guaranteed.

So if you just like spending money go ahead and wait.
People pay “a lot more” for waiting? News to me. Some people take the opportunity to save for a decent down payment or pay down their debts, allowing one to make larger payments.

I do agree that no one should expect any radical improvements, even for the small percentage of Wranglers affected. But I will take any improvement, however small, since I’m waiting regardless.

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Cherokee XJ
I am going to wait for the 2020 MY as well. It will give FCA time to workout some of the issues with the new JL. I am also wondering if they might bring an option to the Rubicon for 2020 of full time AWD (like they already have in Europe). No biggie if they don’t but I would be fun to consider that option.
That would be really nice I think, as Califoria snow melts off the road in the sun but remains in the shade, so you go in and out of snow. Does the one in Europe have a 4:1 low range?

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Cherokee XJ
That would be really nice I think, as Califoria snow melts off the road in the sun but remains in the shade, so you go in and out of snow. Does the one in Europe have a 4:1 low range?
I re read your post and noticed you said AWD. So I'm guessing this is not the Rocktrac with a Full Time 4WD option and retaining 4:1 Low range?

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Folks,

Just get your 2019 now. There will always be issues, especially with FCA products.

It'll be a few years before the major problems of this generation are exposed. It's much easier to buy used and look at it's past reliability, than buy new and predict the future.
Sponsored