KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
What does a gf have to do with it?
Long story short it's mostly for me, last place I bought a Corvette C7 Z06 within a couple weeks of working there and hated the job but now had a huge car payment, trying to be more responsible this time around.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
i used to get a new vehicle every time the oil needed changed. Then I got smart and do it around 5 to 7 years especially with Wranglers because of all of the add-ons.
It works out well for my due to my state's sales tax laws.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to wait for the 2020 MY as well. It will give FCA time to workout some of the issues with the new JL.
That’s what people said when waiting for the 2019’s. It’s a cute idea but not realistic. Might as well just get one now or wait pointlessly.

OP
OP
Alpha Delta

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
That’s what people said when waiting for the 2019’s. It’s a cute idea but not realistic. Might as well just get one now or wait pointlessly.
Not necessarily. I’m sure the number of affected vehicles is small. But even if that number is cut by 25%, that’s still significant.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Not necessarily. I’m sure the number of affected vehicles is small. But even if that number is cut by 25%, that’s still significant.
Whatever makes you sleep better at night lol

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
It works out well for my due to my state's sales tax laws.
Here in California, we get hammered on sales tax. I wish we were a state that we could use the value of the trade in to drive down the taxes. That is the main thing that keeps me from buying a new car every year. I got in a pattern of buying two new vehicles every other year. Definitely not smart financially speaking.

OP
OP
Alpha Delta

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Whatever makes you sleep better at night lol
No, this has nothing to do with helping me sleep better at night. We don’t need a new a Wrangler now and can afford to wait. If Jeep addresses some early production issues, especially the steering complaints, great. If not, we’ll still buy one and hope we get one with as few issues as possible.

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
I didn’t wait, been enjoying my 2018 JLUR since March 2018. There’s always something better coming next year, but I’m getting older and time lost is lost forever.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
What’s not ‘realistic’ about any company with a new product offering working to solve potential issues with it over time? Are you actually saying that FCA will simply not, in the slightest way, improve the build quality of the JL over the next 12 months?

GOBOGIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ with 301k and counting - Energizer Bunny
- Color
- Waiting to resolve steering issues (drove a Rubicon and was not happy with the steering)
- Would love the plug-in hybrid
- Special Editions (holding my breath)
- My FJ just keeps going and going... 298K right now. The trans has been slipping for over 50K miles now and it just keeps going

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
- Color
- Waiting to resolve steering issues (drove a Rubicon and was not happy with the steering)
- Would love the plug-in hybrid
- Special Editions (holding my breath)
- My FJ just keeps going and going... 298K right now. The trans has been slipping for over 50K miles now and it just keeps going
If you are waiting for steering resolution you will never buy a Wrangler because it's been going on over 20 years.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What’s not ‘realistic’ about any company with a new product offering working to solve potential issues with it over time? Are you actually saying that FCA will simply not, in the slightest way, improve the build quality of the JL over the next 12 months?
You don't get it. Some people said they were going to wait until the 2019s so that all issues would be fixed but some 2019 buyers are bitching that nothing was worked out. Why not wait unto 2030? People have said that since Henry Ford came out with the Model T and some of the electronics on them had some hiccups.
The vast majority of 2019 owners have no issues. If you are going to wait for a perfect car you'll never buy another one again.

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
When do the 2020 rumors come out? Front facing camera? Lower front seat for tall people? Steering stabilizer relocated without aftermarket? Etc.?

I have 5 vehicles so I'm whittling down to make room. All older models but no classics - to me

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When do the 2020 rumors come out? Front facing camera? Lower front seat for tall people? Steering stabilizer relocated without aftermarket? Etc.?

I have 5 vehicles so I'm whittling down to make room. All older models but no classics - to me
They already have put in a solution for those people that just want to rub in that short people are short. Lower seat to its lowest position then remove Freedom top or pop back the soft top. It's God's punishment for being tall.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Love my 18 JLUR, Falcon Nexus stabilizer solved my death wobble.

I plan on a '20 as I want the diesel and many of the gladiator goodies (front cam, off-road plus, saddle seat color...)
Sponsored