Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
What is this true car loan?

Does this work with custom orders
I custom ordered my Volvo.

Short answer is build your car on true car. Take the sheet into the dealer (have to use one in network) for the agreed upon price.

Have them order it for that price. Come delivery and buy time you’ll usually have to redo the true car slip, PenFed sends the check, you take the car.

Technically the deal on the slip is for a specific vin to get the 1.5% so usually the dealer will just agree to redo the deal once the car arrives and you have a vin. You can always call PenFed if you have any issues. They are great.

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
I custom ordered my Volvo.

Short answer is build your car on true car. Take the sheet into the dealer (have to use one in network) for the agreed upon price.

Have them order it for that price. Come delivery and buy time you’ll usually have to redo the true car slip, PenFed sends the check, you take the car.

Technically the deal on the slip is for a specific vin to get the 1.5% so usually the dealer will just agree to redo the deal once the car arrives and you have a vin. You can always call PenFed if you have any issues. They are great.

Probably does not make sense on a Wrangler where you can get 6% to 8% under invoice from specific dealers.

Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Probably does not make sense on a Wrangler where you can get 6% to 8% under invoice from specific dealers.
Depends on how much you are financing and if you find a dealer that does 7-8% off and is an affiliated dealer. Best of luck.

Tonopah

First Name
Tonopah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon 2dr 6spd; 2005 TJ (LJ) auto
I drove a Gladiator Overland and a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited automatic (Pentastar) yesterday. I was amused when the oh so knowledgeable sales lady told me that the 2020's will include a V6 Pentastar turbo option.

Steven79

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting-Gray V6 Auto
I ordered my 2020 JLUR 8/31
Now Im driving it! :)

TxHCJeep

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Gardener
Hey, it's "me" . . . :), been awhile . . . been "lurking" over at the GLAD-Zone (sister site) for a few months, while also visiting here weekly, but usually not commenting ! Just Observing some high-jinks and some Great Info. ! :lipssealed: :clap: .

I've just read nearly all this-threads posts; some insightful, some not - some funny, some not - some hotly charged, some calming ! But THIS one I find well thought out and insightful . :headbang:n

For ME, i'm still in limbo ! I've been known to be the "great procrastinator" ! It's true, but I'm so set in my ways ;)
Torn between the GLAD & JLU Sport S ever since the GLAD was 1st revealed. ???. Ill figure it out eventually, I hope before I drop dead - don't want them burying me in my WK2 . . . :CWL: :LOL: ! ? Either way it will be the Sport S Version. Why ? Glad you asked ! Price, Function/weight ratio (not totally weird when you consider some fuel savings & fewer parts for there to be issues with!) . Sure their may be a couple Niceties on the more expensive models . . . but guess what, they're more expensive ! Besides being the "great procrastinator," I also tend to be "penny-wise" even when I don't necessarily need to be (any longer). The possibility of the 3.6 getting the eTorque also "intrigues" me, IF they work out some bugs ! I prefer the added mpg's and eco-mindedness ! I'm enviro-minded.
SO WAITING . . . though tedious at times, only becomes "the" issue when I take into account "health & age" and my strong desire to "get out their" - Camp, explore the wilderness and of course fly fish till "I drop" or it gets to dark for the head lamp to guide me back to Camp !
I apologize for being a bit long winded . . . but it has been awhile since I've responded HERE at JL (lots at JT the past few months (I'm Lou2.0 over their) ! OH, nearly forgot, Color Options in 2020 could also become a factor, though my Idea of doing my NAVY Theme Color-Scheme still lives ! Battleship-Gray (body) & Ocean Blue (fenders) with lower door panels also being Ocean Blue (wave swell design) !
Just a side, IMO, Vitriolic-Politics (or in general) has NO Place on this type of Forum ! PLENTY Other Forums for that sort of "stuff"! :swear: . Again it is just MY opinion . . . don't lambast me for it ! thanks . . . and HAPPY JEEPING . . . I DO, EVEN THOUGH it's "just" in a trail Rated WK2 ! :like:

:flag:
18 April edit -- I am now ( for a month or so) been updated to Lou3.6 over at the Gladiator Sister Site . . . just in case anyone cares to follow me & "lambaste" me over their, ha ha ! Unless I get a wild hare, or is it hair stuck up my ass :LOL: . . . I'm looking at still waiting till years end (2020 JLU or 2021 JT ?) - new colors, new updates, perhaps some "fixes" ? ? But mostly because I tend to Procrastinate - if I wait long enough, I might drop dead and not have to spend all that money . . . it'll just go to charity instead ! How thoughtful :facepalm: :clap:
My new 2020 JLU Rubicon has a very significant all of sudden steer into oncomming traffic... my other vehice is an F350 4X4 KING CAB LONG BED... I know n understand stiff suspension and how bumps cause vehicles to bounce in different directions... the steering issue has been confirmed at the dealer. From what ive read so far the fix is the newest a/e steering box and b sure the software is all updated. Yes the new JLs have a new computer controlled steering system!!!
Sponsored