Sponsored

2020 Jeep JL Model Year Waiting Club

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
I'm waiting for the 2020 Wrangler partly because I don't really need it until I get to Southern California in November (my wife and I are snowbirds) and partly because I don't want to be kicking myself because I missed out on some great new option (like the sky one touch roof in 2018). My question is: is it realistic to think I could have a Wrangler Rubicon sitting in my driveway by Thanksgiving?
Yes. Some of the colors/options could have late availability though.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I'm waiting for the 2020 Wrangler partly because I don't really need it until I get to Southern California in November (my wife and I are snowbirds) and partly because I don't want to be kicking myself because I missed out on some great new option (like the sky one touch roof in 2018). My question is: is it realistic to think I could have a Wrangler Rubicon sitting in my driveway by Thanksgiving?
Possible yes, guaranteed no.

I ordered my 2019 JLUR the day after the banks opened. I didn't get mine until December. Members that ordered the same color/options as me, two months after I ordered, got theres' in November. Really luck of the draw.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm kinda in this boat too, I bought a Jeep for my youngest daughter - now big sister is "needing" one. It's certainly not going to happen this year! But maybe next year, who knows. Secretly I wish she would settle for a Honda Passport! Now if Honda could just move on from white, black, 3 shades of gray and something my daughter calls "used tampon red".....
Take your youngest’s Jeep and buy them both 2011 Corollas and tell them to be grateful to have any transportation at all, and you go enjoy that jeep lol

988C5C34-6245-44C7-AFDB-BAFC5E46E99D.jpeg

Or better yet, buy them old XJs or TJs and say if they can keep em running, you’ll let them have em

Rival///

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2022 Supra CF
Occupation
Trash Collector; Bud’s Sanitation
Am I the only one who comes to this site (and this thread specifically) like 4 times per day hoping to hear that the 2020 order books are open and, importantly, that the specs and options are now published?

giphy.gif
I check it multiple times a day as well. The 2.0 is an improvement over the 3.6 IMO, but I really want the diesel!

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Man, if Gator green is really the color shown on the Wayout concept in this photo then it's MUCH lighter than the FCA renderings and I like it even more. I SO hope they pull this over to Wrangler!

jeep-gladiator-wayout-concept.jpg
That feels more like sting grey with a green filter

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
FCA is holding their annual "What's New" media event today at their Chelsea proving grounds, so journalists will get to see all the changes for 2020 model lineup. It's all embargoed until September 1 though, so go find an auto journalist you know and bribe them to give you all the deets ;)

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Am I the only one who comes to this site (and this thread specifically) like 4 times per day hoping to hear that the 2020 order books are open and, importantly, that the specs and options are now published?

giphy.gif
Ahhhh... how about, ahhhh, like, ahhhh, 10 X per day! It’s my obsession!

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
FCA is holding their annual "What's New" media event today at their Chelsea proving grounds, so journalists will get to see all the changes for 2020 model lineup. It's all embargoed until September 1 though, so go find an auto journalist you know and bribe them to give you all the deets ;)
So would that mean the order banks won't open until September? Seems strange they would make reporters wait to share details if the order bank opens and customers can figure out what's new that way....

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Standard procedure for What’s New. I’ve been to the event several times and it’s always been a September 1 embargo with the exception of whatever new car they launch at the event. FCA model year change over doesn’t officially happen until 9/1 every year, thus the embargo.

So would that mean the order banks won't open until September? Seems strange they would make reporters wait to share details if the order bank opens and customers can figure out what's new that way....
00D15C63-AE57-4F89-97B6-34AAA53ED712.jpeg

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
Standard procedure for What’s New. I’ve been to the event several times and it’s always been a September 1 embargo with the exception of whatever new car they launch at the event. FCA model year change over doesn’t officially happen until 9/1 every year, thus the embargo.

00D15C63-AE57-4F89-97B6-34AAA53ED712.jpeg
Interesting. Thanks for the intel! I’m placing an order soon for my second Wrangler. My current one (2009 JK) is going to my stepson and I was hoping to wait until late summer/early fall to order, but I’ve got my heart set on Bikini Pearl after seeing one in the wild a few weeks ago. I’ll be crushed if it’s not available on 2020 models and I wait too long and then can’t find one. I also NEED the Sky One Touch top and there are very few of those on the lots around here, and none in Bikini so ordering is really my only option. So now I’m wrestling with ordering a few months before I wanted to, or risking missing out on a color I absolutely love because I waited. Adulting sucks and the toys are way more expensive!!! :LOL:

Last edited:

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Interesting. Thanks for the intel! I’m placing an order soon for my second Wrangler. My current one (2009 JK) is going to my stepson and I was hoping to wait until late summer/early fall to order, but I’ve got my heart set on Bikini Pearl after seeing one in the wild a few weeks ago. I’ll be crushed if it’s not available on 2020 models and I wait too long and then can’t find one. I also NEED the Sky One Touch top and there are very few of those on the lots around here, and none in Bikini so ordering is really my only option. So now I’m wrestling with ordering a few months before I wanted to, or risking missing out on a color I absolutely love because I waited. Adulting sucks and the toys are way more expensive!!! :LOL:
I highly doubt Bikini is going anywhere - it just hit the lots a few months ago, and it takes quite a bit of R&D and testing to bring out a new color. They aren't going to bring out a color for a 6 month run - I would guess every color gets at least a 2 year run. And if you look at the last 15-20 years of wranglers, all the "fun" colors had a 2 year run ;)

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
I highly doubt Bikini is going anywhere - it just hit the lots a few months ago, and it takes quite a bit of R&D and testing to bring out a new color. They aren't going to bring out a color for a 6 month run - I would guess every color gets at least a 2 year run. And if you look at the last 15-20 years of wranglers, all the "fun" colors had a 2 year run ;)
You may very well be right but there were several colors on the JK that had runs of less than a year(Mojave sand, commando green, dozer and even Nacho on the JL). If the color is already in use elsewhere on a FCA product then the R&D and testing are still relevant. I’m not aware of bikini on anything else from FCA so hopefully it is safe.

JDulks

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Yukon Denali, 2013 BMW 335i e93
Possible yes, guaranteed no.

I ordered my 2019 JLUR the day after the banks opened. I didn't get mine until December. Members that ordered the same color/options as me, two months after I ordered, got theres' in November. Really luck of the draw.
I ordered my 2019 JLUR Red w/ Tan last Sunday because the turnaround is quick right now, they told me if I waited for the 2020 it could be 12 weeks. Didn't want to wait and I knew exactly what I wanted. Can't wait to get an update!
Sponsored