Sponsored

2020 Jeep JL Model Year Waiting Club

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
We are still debating between a Rubicon and a Moab but have definitely decided to wait until MY 2020. Probably the biggest reason for us, is to wait until my student loans are mostly paid off (should be 6 months left if we buy end of 2019). But we're also hoping that FCA will have addressed most of the issues, especially the steering complaints.

So, why are you waiting for the 2020 MY?

Is it the for the Jeep Gladiator?
Maybe you really want the 3.0 diesel? (I'd strongly consider this but if it will be a $4000-5000 premium, I'm out)
BSG option for the V6?
New colors?
Plug in hybrid?
Seeing the Bronco before deciding?
Something else?

edit: added a few more ideas. I was also intrigued by the new Bronco announcement but it's highly unlikely we would consider it. We really want a Wrangler.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I am going to wait for the 2020 MY as well. It will give FCA time to workout some of the issues with the new JL. I am also wondering if they might bring an option to the Rubicon for 2020 of full time AWD (like they already have in Europe). No biggie if they don’t but I would be fun to consider that option.

Sponsored

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Waiting but it's because I started a new job and told my gf I'll wait at least 6 months to purchase a new car.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I'm not waiting but I will buy a 2020. I buy a new jeep 1-2 times a year. Not certain if I will go JLUR or Gladiator Rubicon. Depends on colors and price points. FCA stated they will price the Gladiator intentionally high because they can. If that is the case, I'll stick with JLUR. I already have a 2019 RAM anyway.

Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Someone in another thread pointed out that the 2020 JL has new part #s for several suspension components (front control arm and steering stabilizer I think), and it's speculated that this is meant to address the 'Death Wobble' issue that seems to be plaguing the JL.

That plus the potential for V6+BSG+6MT has me waiting for the 2020.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Someone in another thread pointed out that the 2020 JL has new part #s for several suspension components (front control arm and steering stabilizer I think), and it's speculated that this is meant to address the 'Death Wobble' issue that seems to be plaguing the JL.

That plus the potential for V6+BSG+6MT has me waiting for the 2020.
Why wait?

Steer Smarts has a fix for that today. Mine doesn't have any issues yet, but eventually I'll be replacing parts. :piggybank::rock:

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Why wait?

Steer Smarts has a fix for that today. Mine doesn't have any issues yet, but eventually I'll be replacing parts. :piggybank::rock:
I've seen enough evidence that the steering stabilizer isn't the cause, but the victim of a suspension design flaw. Some aftermarket stabilizers seem to last longer than the OEM one, but I'd sleep better knowing the suspension wasn't chewing through stabilizers with every oil change.

I'm also rather excited about the prospect of BSG with a manual transmission. If it's programmed correctly (if it's even offered), it could provide a nice torque boost when accelerating from a stop that would be more noticeable with a 6MT than the auto. The Pentastar is a dog under 1500 RPM, but BSG could completely mask that.

Last edited: