2020 Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My wife and I drove down from southern Indiana today. There are already many Jeeps in the area. We were here in Mid July for a week. This evening we saw more jeeps on one drive through Pigeon Forge than we saw the entire week we were here in July.

The numbers are going to be crazy!!!!!
We left West Central Ohio last night and stopped in Corbin, KY. Be there soon! There's already a ton of Jeeps in the area on a "normal" day, so I can't wait to see more :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
cOtter

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Wish there was a way to tell a fellow forum members.

I will be the guy wearing a Jeep shirt and hat. If you see me come up and say hello. Or just Jeep wave from a distance. Kidding of course.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Ok, was this just meh or am I really hard to impress?

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wifeā€™s)
I went in today because last year the crowd was shoulder to shoulder. I canā€™t believe how empty it was today vs LY. But Iā€™m sure Friday and especially Saturday will be busy. I wish they would let only jeeps park in the lot. Really the building and vendors donā€™t do much for me. Itā€™s seeing everyoneā€™s Jeep that is the cool part of this.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I went in today because last year the crowd was shoulder to shoulder. I canā€™t believe how empty it was today vs LY. But Iā€™m sure Friday and especially Saturday will be busy. I wish they would let only jeeps park in the lot. Really the building and vendors donā€™t do much for me. Itā€™s seeing everyoneā€™s Jeep that is the cool part of this.
Yeah I agree with that. I just liked looking at people's Jeeps. I guess I was expecting to see cool stuff from vendors and maybe some decent prices. But hey, I'm here in the mountains so I'm happy :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
cOtter

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
If your in town for the invasion, make sure to make the drive through the GSM National Park towards Cades Cove and visit the nice folks at Cades Cove Jeep Out Post over in Townsend, TN and then the folks at SM Keep Outfitters in Pigeon Forge area.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
If your in town for the invasion, make sure to make the drive through the GSM National Park towards Cades Cove and visit the nice folks at Cades Cove Jeep Out Post over in Townsend, TN and then the folks at SM Keep Outfitters in Pigeon Forge area.
They were packed today! My husband and I stop in there almost every time we're in Townsend.:like:

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
We've been 5yrs in a row. I have to say there were less vendors Thursday inside and outside. But I attribute this to the plague and social distancing. The vendors are spaced out a bit and I'm sure that there are some no-shows because of it.
We were in line well before they opened the doors. We shopped around a bit then went to the Jeep for a drink and a break. We we went back inside there was a huge line to get in.
Still lots of vendors and show specials.
We were out and about until late evening and it seems like the Jeepers are starting to pack in?
We've been seeing some really nice rigs.
Lots of Jeep waves going on. Have some fun!

Last edited: