Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Yes!! I agree.:rock:

What setup do you have for your spare tire? Mine sits really far off the tailgate.
I got the smittybilt hd tire carrier. It’s very adjustable and has the option for a hi lift jack holder, which you will need after your lift. The quality is good and easy to install. It bolts to the frame and I likes that better than the reinforcement types.
BD235A71-CFD6-4682-84F7-E51A9D65E2E3.jpeg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
So I’ve already run into issues lol... :headbang:

Beadlocks are no joke! Spent most of the day today on them and only got 2 done. I don’t know if it’s the wheels I got or the tires or maybe it’s just normal, but I was fighting to get the front bead set before putting the beadlock ring on. I felt like I needed eight arms to hold all around so the bead wouldn’t pop out on one side when I got close to the end. I got my wife to help me with the first one but she quit after that. After getting heated and having a few choice words on the second one, I decided to run to Lowe’s and look for some washers to possibly hold the bead down. This worked like a charm. Just stacked some washers and dropped in a couple bolts and it held the bead down pretty well. Here’s some pics if anyone is attempting Beadlocks.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Granite JLUR Build - Empty the Bank $$$ BD235A71-CFD6-4682-84F7-E51A9D65E2E3

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Granite JLUR Build - Empty the Bank $$$ BD235A71-CFD6-4682-84F7-E51A9D65E2E3
A pro tip is to set the rim on a bucket. Feel free to give me a holler if you run into issues with everything, I’ll try to help out anyway I can. Washer trick looked like it worked out though

brett

OP
OP
OffroadArsenal
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR GCM
Build Thread
Link
A pro tip is to set the rim on a bucket. Feel free to give me a holler if you run into issues with everything, I’ll try to help out anyway I can. Washer trick looked like it worked out though

brett
Thanks for the pro tip. I used a 5 gallon bucket and some large clamps and that bead still didn’t want to set.

I’ll definitely take you up on your offer if something else comes up though... which I’m sure it will. Murphy’s law.

Ismor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Very informative. Please keep us posted!

Sponsored

OP
OP
OffroadArsenal
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR GCM
Build Thread
Link
The new shocks came in today, along with some Rancho rear shock and lower control arm skid plates. The lift kit should be here soon.

I went with the Rancho RS9000XL 9-position manually adjustable shocks. They will pair with the Rancho 3.5” Crawler Short Arm Lift. The lift is complete with all adjustable control arms and adjustable front and rear track bars. The shocks have to be ordered separately though. I have all part #’s if anyone is interested. I ordered through Northridge 4x4 and applied the jlwranglerforum discount code. Will definitely order through them again.

Also, I love how the Rancho red matches the Rubicon red accents.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Granite JLUR Build - Empty the Bank $$$ 22A96042-C93F-420B-80D0-8DF4DD0757FE

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Granite JLUR Build - Empty the Bank $$$ 9A1EDCF4-EF1A-400E-8B25-228C3104FD6D

Country JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Really nice build. I have the same black coverts in -15 mm. My tires are coming in tomorrow and Clayton off-road 2.5 is in garage waiting. I’m gonna use you washer trick!

7vm2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Just needed to add to the compliments this is a great thread. Your posts are interesting and helpful. Great developments

Brandon1282

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cherokee, 2020 AT4
Unfortunately, if they are painted with the same red paint as the Rancho shocks on my AT4, they’ll fade to a nice pink within a year or so.

OP
OP
OffroadArsenal
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR GCM
Build Thread
Link
Really nice build. I have the same black coverts in -15 mm. My tires are coming in tomorrow and Clayton off-road 2.5 is in garage waiting. I’m gonna use you washer trick!
Nice choice! Post pics when you get them installed. I’m curious how it will look with the -15 mm offset.

OP
OP
OffroadArsenal
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR GCM
Build Thread
Link
Just needed to add to the compliments this is a great thread. Your posts are interesting and helpful. Great developments
Thanks for the compliments. I’ll hopefully be adding to the build soon. Had to put a pause on it due to work.

I got the lift and the LOD rocksliders sitting in the garage just waiting to get installed. Here’s a pic of the parts for the lift.

F68E67D3-7D3C-4BB8-B54C-0ECB82916522.jpeg
Sponsored