Wisconsin 2020 Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow - Loaded, 7k miles - $38K (Green Bay, WI area)

1. PackerBacker

PackerBacker Active Member

First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow 8AT; former: 2018 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 6MT
    Liked:
    #1 Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow Package - about as loaded as you can get for a Max Tow Sport S (see details below). 7,500 miles, but will go up about 150 miles/week. In awesome shape and runs flawlessly - adult owned, non smoker, washed at least weekly.
    I’m looking to buy something smaller and cheaper so I figured I would offer this up to my fellow Jeepers. If you were on the fence for a Gladiator being so expensive new, here ya go. This was $46,900 MSRP new in July.
    Here's the link for the Jeep Window Sticker:
    https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6JJTAG2LL109682

Details for options (if you don't want to check the window sticker): Black hard top, Auto transmission, Cold Weather Package (heated seats & steering wheel, remote start), Tech Package (7” touch screen, universal Homelink garage opener), Auxiliary buttons/wiring, Alpine stereo, Spray-in bedliner.

COMPLETELY STOCK except a few options added:
    • Mopar tri-fold tonneau cover
    • Mopar all-weather floor mats
    • Mopar mud flaps
    • Aftermarket LED headlights as recommended from this forum (work great!)
    Price: $38,000

Please PM me if you have any questions or if you want to come see it.
    Location - West De Pere (Green Bay area), Wisconsin

Details for why I'm selling:
    I bought it to pull a camper I bought (<4,000 lbs and Max Tow is rated for 7,650lbs). I only towed it like 6 times (all short trips in-state) this year after it was broken in. My family liked camping so much that we bought a seasonal (permanent) site for next year so I won’t need it for towing. I have loved the Jeep, but it makes more financial sense for me to sell this and get a much cheaper car.

1 - IMG_0987.jpg

2 - IMG_6366.jpg

3 - IMG_6743.jpg

4 - IMG_6699.jpg

2. OP
    OP
    PackerBacker

First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
  3. four low

four low Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL
    Liked:
    Think of all the things you can carry to your new campsite, and explore from there with the Gladiator ; cars are sooo Boring...

4. BlackGenesis

BlackGenesis Active Member

First Name:
    Andrey
    Vehicle(s):
    18 Sahara unlimited
    Liked:
    Good luck with sale.
    Surprised with tow rating, as you approach 4000lb it becomes a struggle for this underpowered engine.

5. OP
    OP
    PackerBacker

First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Thanks much. Research told me that most vehicles struggle towing when you approach 60%+ of rating. The “internet towing police” would say to never tow >70% of max rating as any vehicle will struggle with that; much like a Ram 1500 rated for 12K lbs trying to pull anything over 7k lbs (cuz one would say the Hemi is underpowered for 12K lb rating). The Jeep just happens to have a lower “ceiling”, but thankfully it’s the only convertible camper puller.

6. BlackGenesis

BlackGenesis Active Member

First Name:
    Andrey
    Vehicle(s):
    18 Sahara unlimited
    Liked:
    Yes, you need a turbo engine to be able to tow comfortably closer to the tow ceiling.
    My daily (explorer with 3.5 twin turbo) tows with ease at its ceiling of 5k lb. Granted it has more torque at low to mid rpms than Chevy 6.2l or hemi 5.7 and engine it self designed to tow twice as much in a truck.