Sponsored

2020 Ford Bronco and baby Bronco models teased to take on Wrangler and Renegade?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I don't think it is a gimmick, there is a reason people like the older designs, they were just better!

Which one would you rather have?
I dunno...that Mustang II/Mercury Capri/ stretched Pinto looks awfully sweet (or, maybe, just awful?).
Sponsored

Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Why does the littlest one look the meanest?
Little man syndrome? Lol

He was the newest adoption to the family back then and didn’t like picture day. Since, he’s actually become the most affectionate snuggle bug of them all.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Will Ford pump fake engine sounds into the Bronco like they do the Raptor?

In all seriousness, this will be a great machine. I wish them great success. It won't be a Wrangler, though. I do love the Ecoboost. Wish my JK had one.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
This one, I'm taking the '68 Fastback. That ain't nostalgia, it's just a classic sense of good taste. If anyone disagrees, they're just Philistines...
Yeah, Phillistines!!!

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Is there a problem with that? It's a fantastic engine. I see you own a 2015 V6 Mustang. Are you bothered that the same year 2.3 ecoboost pulls better torque, HP, and MPG figures than your V6? trolololol

Plus, it has proven good reliability thus far. The only thing it lacks is a good sound, unfortunately.
I personnaly don’t care about comparing torque or hp, the V6 has more than enough; Ford had no intention to keep nor push the V6, from day one : they didn’t offer any premium trim level, so people wanting leather, had to go Ecoboost or GT (definitely mot the same price); also they tweeked the V6 engine to offer less HP than the Ecoboost, and also in terms of numbers and performance, they used premium gas for the Ecoboost, and standard for the V6.
I test drove an Ecoboost, and if Ford hadn’t offered the V6, between the lack of engine sensations of the turbo 4, and the pricetag of the GT, I probably wouldn’t have owned a Mustang. (Personal opinion of course)

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I personnaly don’t care about comparing torque or hp, the V6 has more than enough; Ford had no intention to keep nor push the V6, from day one : they didn’t offer any premium trim level, so people wanting leather, had to go Ecoboost or GT (definitely mot the same price); also they tweeked the V6 engine to offer less HP than the Ecoboost, and also in terms of numbers and performance, they used premium gas for the Ecoboost, and standard for the V6.
I test drove an Ecoboost, and if Ford hadn’t offered the V6, between the lack of engine sensations of the turbo 4, and the pricetag of the GT, I probably wouldn’t have owned a Mustang. (Personal opinion of course)
Hey, it's your purchase. Since you were worried they might force a better engine "down people's throats", I thought there might be a reason. That reason being personal preference or a nicer exhaust note.

I considered a V6 or Ecoboost Mustang 6MT myself. I found it surprising later to learn that the V6 drive shaft was built so cheaply that it didn't possess any kind of top speed befitting of a sports car. Part of me still wants a convertible 'Stang..

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I have the 3.5 L eco in my 13 f150.
Great power MPG is nothing special and at times turbo lag from a stop.

Mayb the turbo has been improved since 2013.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer