Sponsored

2020 Ford Bronco and baby Bronco models teased to take on Wrangler and Renegade?

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 chevy colorado 2001 audi TT 225Q
competition is good!! a lighter less expensive bronco or other will really hurt overpriced jeep sales!! maybe FCA will wise up!!!
Sponsored

AgingTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler, 04 SV 650
Yes! There is hope that there will be a new favorite vehicle for the mall crawling dude bros to emasculate. I'd be ok with 50k for 50k worth of vehicle but I'm not ok paying the 10-15k popularity status image tax. Jeeps used to be a fun vehicle even working class stiffs like me could aspire to. I don't appreciate being priced out of my favorite pastime so a bunch of fortunate man b!+€#*s can have their shiny ipsation dolls.

I get that MSRP won't likely move, but if this cuts deep enough into the Jeep greed, we could start to see an interesting phenomenon known as sales, and even previous model year deep discounts.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Yes! There is hope that there will be a new favorite vehicle for the mall crawling dude bros to emasculate. I'd be ok with 50k for 50k worth of vehicle but I'm not ok paying the 10-15k popularity status image tax. Jeeps used to be a fun vehicle even working class stiffs like me could aspire to. I don't appreciate being priced out of my favorite pastime so a bunch of fortunate man b!+€#*s can have their shiny ipsation dolls.

I get that MSRP won't likely move, but if this cuts deep enough into the Jeep greed, we could start to see an interesting phenomenon known as sales, and even previous model year deep discounts.
Selling more Wranglers makes price go down. Inflation, tougher gas mileage laws, increasing safety laws, and increased feature sets cause price increase.

My old 4x4 had manual locking hubs, limited slip dif, ie no lockers, auto swaybar disconnect etc. The price was low but you had to buy wheels tires shocks and stereo as an absolute min. Now days you can have factory do alot of you upgrades for you, but ya you pay.

If you are paying 50k for a wrangler, thats a choice. Base sport 2 door is 27k. You can build it up, it will cost ya regardless of who you wanna blame

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P85+ / Subaru Baja Turbo 5-Speed
Wranglers are over priced. They're basic engineering and fairly inexpensive parts. You pay for the style. It's a massive mark up. All trucks fit into this category but Wranglers are the worst. No fault of Jeep. Sell it for what people will buy it for.

The Ford Bronco will also be overpriced, but, probably have quite a bit more tech and engineering to justify the price. Probably a 6 cyl ecoboost with aluminum body and 10-speed automatic for about $35k mid spec. Think 50% more power/weight ratio and slightly less rock-crawling ability; wont have solid axles and detachable sway bars in standard model.

3500 lb 325hp/400tq 2-door Bronco would be a fun little SUV.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I've been reading that the new Ranger engine bay won't fit a V6 without heavy modifications. That's why the 2.3 Ecoboost is the only choice for the Ranger. The Raptor Ranger had a turbodiesel 4 cyl. The 2.7 Ecoboost V6 may not be an option.

Sponsored

AgingTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler, 04 SV 650
Selling more Wranglers makes price go down. Inflation, tougher gas mileage laws, increasing safety laws, and increased feature sets cause price increase.

My old 4x4 had manual locking hubs, limited slip dif, ie no lockers, auto swaybar disconnect etc. The price was low but you had to buy wheels tires shocks and stereo as an absolute min. Now days you can have factory do alot of you upgrades for you, but ya you pay.

If you are paying 50k for a wrangler, thats a choice. Base sport 2 door is 27k. You can build it up, it will cost ya regardless of who you wanna blame
Making more wranglers makes the price go down. Selling more Wranglers makes the price go UP unless accompanied by an increase in supply. This is what's been happening. If demand outpaces supply, all the economies of scale in the world won't help lower the price.

The JL seams to be a great vehicle and frankly wouldn't likely exist in its current form if it weren't for the incredible demand for it. I get that. But it is WAY overpriced because FCA simply can't meet the demand.

I don't 'blame' anyone for the current situation. Certainly not FCA who are in business to make money and should do exactly that. Greed isn't a bad thing. I certainly don't blame the folks who buy them just for the image, you know, the dude bros and such. They buy the wrong vehicle for their needs for all the wrong reasons and that's awesome, God bless 'merica, h@$# yea! Buy whatever the +#%* you want and who cares what I think. But, if you have to spend that much on the wrong vehicle just to have friends, that's just sad. I don't even blame the competition for completely abandoning the market although that's the action that caused this. They are in business to make money too. If you worked hard and found success you certainly should enjoy the fruits of your labors for any reason and at any price you're willing to pay.

I'm just ecstatic that the situation has a chance of changing in a couple of years. I relish the thought that I may actually be able to buy one of these JL's someday.

I've said all along that the wrangler redesign is not as important to me, as a hopeful wrangler buyer, as the new Bronco is. If Ford fails here I'm afraid no one will ever try again and Jeep can do whatever they want with us.

Anyway, go Ford go. I won't buy your ifs vehicle but I'll lie to everyone I don't care about and tell them it's the best thing since sliced bread.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Making more wranglers makes the price go down. Selling more Wranglers makes the price go UP unless accompanied by an increase in supply. This is what's been happening. If demand outpaces supply, all the economies of scale in the world won't help lower the price.

The JL seams to be a great vehicle and frankly wouldn't likely exist in its current form if it weren't for the incredible demand for it. I get that. But it is WAY overpriced because FCA simply can't meet the demand.

I don't 'blame' anyone for the current situation. Certainly not FCA who are in business to make money and should do exactly that. Greed isn't a bad thing. I certainly don't blame the folks who buy them just for the image, you know, the dude bros and such. They buy the wrong vehicle for their needs for all the wrong reasons and that's awesome, God bless 'merica, h@$# yea! Buy whatever the +#%* you want and who cares what I think. But, if you have to spend that much on the wrong vehicle just to have friends, that's just sad. I don't even blame the competition for completely abandoning the market although that's the action that caused this. They are in business to make money too. If you worked hard and found success you certainly should enjoy the fruits of your labors for any reason and at any price you're willing to pay.

I'm just ecstatic that the situation has a chance of changing in a couple of years. I relish the thought that I may actually be able to buy one of these JL's someday.

I've said all along that the wrangler redesign is not as important to me, as a hopeful wrangler buyer, as the new Bronco is. If Ford fails here I'm afraid no one will ever try again and Jeep can do whatever they want with us.

Anyway, go Ford go. I won't buy your ifs vehicle but I'll lie to everyone I don't care about and tell them it's the best thing since sliced bread.
This is not a joke. I think you should find a qualified therapist. Honestly and sincerely I feel you are in a bad place that you need help getting out of.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL

No, Its not just supply and demand we are not selling sugar. Modern products require purchasing huge amounts of components from 3rd parties and the more you buy the better pricing you get.

There is an ever increasing number of requirements for the Wrangler to meet, including mandates on improving gas mileage, backup cameras, safety, etc. All these parts have to be tested, assembled, documented for service. Aluminum doors costs more.

Sure if nobody wants to buy wranglers the cost will go down. for one year or 2 and then the product goes away if another line is selling and growing profit.

Companies invest in growing product lines, products that dont grow, dont get stock holders returns and CEOs bonuses. Wranglers have been growing in sales (alot due to international sales), and this drives investment in the product line.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I certainly don't blame the folks who buy them just for the image, you know, the dude bros and such. They buy the wrong vehicle for their needs for all the wrong reasons and that's awesome, God bless 'merica, h@$# yea! Buy whatever the +#%* you want and who cares what I think. But, if you have to spend that much on the wrong vehicle just to have friends, that's just sad. I don't even blame the competition for completely abandoning the market although that's the action that caused this. They are in business to make money too. If you worked hard and found success you certainly should enjoy the fruits of your labors for any reason and at any price you're willing to pay.
Wow, you sound like an angry and bitter little man here eh ?!

5CC65E5D-E3E5-4B58-9B3D-131DB5F868B5.gif

AgingTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler, 04 SV 650
Looks like I've touched a few nerves here. I guess this isn't my audience. I apologize to those I may have offended through my mistake. I'll go somewhere else and leave you all be.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I've touched a few nerves here. I guess this isn't my audience. I apologize to those I may have offended through my mistake. I'll go somewhere else and leave you all be.
Just give it a few years and the used ones will be at an affordable price for you. Until then, keep that TJ running. You've got a classic in the works.

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
I’ll hunt up the sticker it’s somewhere packed away, that is base MSRP WITHOUT options and upgrades that you’re posting. Hell the current JL is what 44ish? But then you add options and you can easily get to 55k. After it was optioned out mine was 32-33k plus the dealer add-ons which got it up higher. Kinda like today options adding another 10-12k to a Jeep. So it’s not as far fetched as you think.
Yup, a lot of these folks don't get it....Were not around back then to realize how you had to option out a truck for it to be considered "loaded". Pretty sure the '96 Bronco came standard with the 4.9 inline six mated to a 5-speed manual (4-speed w/overdrive to be exact). The 5.8 with a 3-speed automatic was actually a pretty heavy option. EB didn't come standard with leather or many other features that are now considered "included" on a vehicle.
Sponsored