Not open for further replies.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
We always do the other trails, on the off days. I’m done waiting all day on one obstacle let alone a trail. :CWL: Obviously I’m exaggerating, but it feels like it. Awesome experience though. You have to do it once. You get to meet some good people.
That was my thought as well. It's my first time, so I joined rr4w so I could have early access. I'll do 1 or 2 rides with them. Signups begin 1/17. With that in mind, if we could firm up a day and trail before then, that would help out a ton. I'll be rolling into Moab on monday the 6th in the afternoon sometime and I'm sticking around all the way to Sunday.
Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
That was my thought as well. It's my first time, so I joined rr4w so I could have early access. I'll do 1 or 2 rides with them. Signups begin 1/17. With that in mind, if we could firm up a day and trail before then, that would help out a ton. I'll be rolling into Moab on monday the 6th in the afternoon sometime and I'm sticking around all the way to Sunday.
I'd be interested in a run or two with rr4w. I think I got 2 raffle tickets with the "free" membership last year and running 3 trails. This year Ill actually be there for the raffle.

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sand Hollow is awesome.....A lot of people are now skipping Moab completely to go there instead. Utah has a lot of great wheeling to offer.
SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drawls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Water distribution
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
So having never been to EJS before and only having spent a few hours in Moab (on a diversion while heading to Vegas) I’m not sure how all of this “works”. Is there somewhere you have to register to take part in the trails or you have to be invited to run some of them?

Other than having to pre-book accommodation, I don’t have an RV or tent so would need a hotel/motel, what else do you need to do?

Also some honest, non insulting, input into what trails I should look to run bearing in mind I’d have a 17+ hour drive home to Canada so breaking things isn’t really a desirable outcome so far from home? I have a Rubicon with the Mopar lift, 35’s and a winch.

A97750A1-5194-475C-B33A-E7947388BFC5.jpeg

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
So having never been to EJS before and only having spent a few hours in Moab (on a diversion while heading to Vegas) I’m not sure how all of this “works”. Is there somewhere you have to register to take part in the trails or you have to be invited to run some of them?

Other than having to pre-book accommodation, I don’t have an RV or tent so would need a hotel/motel, what else do you need to do?

Also some honest, non insulting, input into what trails I should look to run bearing in mind I’d have a 17+ hour drive home to Canada so breaking things isn’t really a desirable outcome so far from home? I have a Rubicon with the Mopar lift, 35’s and a winch.

Hey Steve, for EJS you should log onto WWW.rr4w.com and register your Jeep. If you want to sign up for trails to do with the EJS groups you can do that on Jan 22nd, if you register with rr4w as a member you can sign up for trails on the 17th.
You are welcome to wheel with the JL Forum group, and not to worry, all of us are running new to near new JL's and none of us are interested in tearing our Jeeps up. Your Jeep will have no problem on the trails we will be running. The group has yet to decide which trails we want to do but some trails that we have talked about are
Flat Iron Mesa, Metal Masher, Moab Rim, Kane Creek, Poison Spider-Golden Crack-Gold Bar Rim (I think these three trails are referred to as the Trifecta)
Spend some time on YouTube watching videos of individuals and groups running these trails to get a flavor for what each trail offers. I usually enter searches like "Moab Rim Easter Jeep Safari" or Moab Rim EJS" this seems to give me best results for Jeeps similar to mine running trails I am interested in .

If you are thinking you want to join our group, keep watching this thread for updates, and we will add your username to our group.

As Brett (Rusty Shackelford) said, we had a great time last year and met people who will likely be lifelong friends.
Also as far as accommodations, you need to get a motel/hotel reservation ASAP as they are filling up very fast. Most of our group will be in Moab Monday 4-6 thru Saturday 4-11.
Hope to see you in April
Alan

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
I probably won’t sign up for any EJS runs but would love to hit the trail with you guys again. Had a great time last year.
Excellent!
See you in April

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Holy Sh*t! Things are filling up fast.:surprised:
I have been on internet for an hour looking for RV sites to stay and its looking like I might have waited too long.
There are a couple of parks that I can call tomorrow, but if you don't have your reservations in already, you might start looking soon.
In the past free dry camping was legal and available on first come basis on this county land here...
38°29’18.9"N 109°26'58.3"W
nearest street corner is Old Airport Rd. and Spanish Valley Dr.

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Which trail to run is always the main question of any new visitor to Moab.

Keep in mind that old vets are going to want to run the hardest trails in town, like Moab Rim, Gold Bar Rim, Kane Creek, and anything with "Mash", "Bend" and/or "Hell" in the name. But that doesn't mean you can't have a ton of fun running the basics.

Red Rock 4 Wheeler does a great job of rating the trails and they offer packages designed for diff skill levels.

With your set up, I'd look to do things in 6 rate or less. Most of those will have some challenges with bypasses built in so you don't have to damage your vehicle and will be scenic and fun at the same time. It's also a good time to pick of Jeep Badges of Honor, if you're into that. There are 9 BoH trails in Moab.

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Which trail to run is always the main question of any new visitor to Moab.

Keep in mind that old vets are going to want to run the hardest trails in town, like Moab Rim, Gold Bar Rim, Kane Creek, and anything with "Mash", "Bend" and/or "Hell" in the name. But that doesn't mean you can't have a ton of fun running the basics.

Red Rock 4 Wheeler does a great job of rating the trails and they offer packages designed for diff skill levels.

With your set up, I'd look to do things in 6 rate or less. Most of those will have some challenges with bypasses built in so you don't have to damage your vehicle and will be scenic and fun at the same time. It's also a good time to pick of Jeep Badges of Honor, if you're into that. There are 9 BoH trails in Moab.
We spent a few hours watching YouTube videos from ejs yesterday. Some of the trails mentioned had my wife cringing and questioning why we would go at all.
Scenic with occasional challenge will be more her style for sure. I want to do top of the world, she wants to do chicken tenders or something like that.
We might just be there for 3 days and continue on to Vegas and home via the PCH (or reverse the route and come home on I15).

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
So the last of the badge of honor trails I have to get in UT are Hole in the Rock, Elephant hill, Pritchett, Metal Masher and Cliffhanger. Not sure if I'm up for Pritchett or cliffhanger just yet as those are two of the hardest trails.

Thats not to say I wouldn't be interested in doing others again.

Last edited:

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just registered for Hell's Revenge through RR4W on Tuesday 4/7. I'll be getting into town on Monday the 6th around lunchtime. Plan on doing a few of the more scenic/easy trails like Chicken Tenders :LOL: that afternoon/evening before I can check into my rental. Other than that I am free the rest of the week through Easter Sunday. Can't wait.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I just registered for Hell's Revenge through RR4W on Tuesday 4/7. I'll be getting into town on Monday the 6th around lunchtime. Plan on doing a few of the more scenic/easy trails like Chicken Tenders :LOL: that afternoon/evening before I can check into my rental. Other than that I am free the rest of the week through Easter Sunday. Can't wait.
Chicken corners? Woof. Great scenery though!

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chicken corners? Woof. Great scenery though!
Haha, Yeah, I know what the name is. I was referencing an earlier post. I'll still be all loaded up getting a late start so I'm just going for scenery that day.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.