Not open for further replies.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I bought a few extra cameras and gimbals, hope to get better footage from me this year.

the video down to hells gate didn’t do it justice.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I'll hopefully find out if my PTO gets approved by the end of the month, then I'll start my late ass planning to head that way on the 3rd.

Fingers crossed I can make it, 20ish hour drive from Louisiana!

Even if I don't get to do much I'll be happy to be back in Moab and in a jeep this time.

IMG_20200203_184947_905.jpg
We’re coming from the Houston area. It’s a drive. Better start searching for a place to stay, gets crazy!

Brett

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Convoy of 3 Jeeps coming from Chicago. Another buddy I know is heading out the day before us. It’s also about 20hrs. Definitely a more exciting drive there then back hah. At least going back you’re not gonna be fighting the wind.

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
Convoy of 3 Jeeps coming from Chicago. Another buddy I know is heading out the day before us. It’s also about 20hrs. Definitely a more exciting drive there then back hah. At least going back you’re not gonna be fighting the wind.
Yeah, that's a long drive for sure.

We have a new fifth wheel camper and I didn't get it set up to tow a trailer or the jeep behind it, so Denette will drive the Jeep and I will tow the camper.
With the 4 door long bed truck towing a 43' fifth wheel camper, putting the Jeep behind it is substantially over length. Colorado allows 70' but Utah is only 65' and I think just flat towing the Jeep would put me in the 77' range..

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that's a long drive for sure.

We have a new fifth wheel camper and I didn't get it set up to tow a trailer or the jeep behind it, so Denette will drive the Jeep and I will tow the camper.
With the 4 door long bed truck towing a 43' fifth wheel camper, putting the Jeep behind it is substantially over length. Colorado allows 70' but Utah is only 65' and I think just flat towing the Jeep would put me in the 77' range..
Man that’s too bad. I was seriously considering not going if I didn’t have a co driver lol.

Sponsored

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hey Guys and Gals
Here is the 2020 EJS JL Forum Group trail schedule (subject to change, after all this is Vacation right?)
Monday -- Flat Iron Mesa
Tuesday -- Metal Masher
Wednesday -- nothing planned with the larger group as a few of us may be participating in another (closed) run.
Thursday -- Moab Rim
Friday -- Vendor show in the morning and then possibly Fins n Things after noon. the trail grid shows closed to open runs, but maybe we can squeeze in after the last EJS run which leaves at 10:00 am. If not we will come up with another trail. We don't want to interfere with any organized EJS runs .

Everybody is welcome to join us, we keep things pretty casual and don't get in a big hurry on the trails.

You can PM myself, Alan (walweb) Bret (Rustyshackelford) Martin (martindfletcher) or Rob (RubiRob) for contact information (cell phone number).

Last year we just communicated via cell phone (text and voice) as to where were were going to meet and at what time.
On trail communication will be via GMRS radios. Some of us will have CB's also.

Here is the list of people that showed interest in running with us.
@cmajul, @Cracker_Box, @RockyMtnHigh, @Truax, @WranglerAdvs, @Jeeptimmy, @SteadyC, @Mark, @BikiniJLR, @irishtim7, @sourdough, @StingJL918, @LaneSprings, @OnlyOne, @Jeep’n Jay, @Drawls, @AZShawn, @RubiRob, @Martindfletcher, @rustyshakelford @walweb

If you aren't on the list above, just reply to this string and we will certainly add you to it.

As we get closer to EJS, we will pick meeting location and time for each trail.

We are not super experienced Moab trail guides, some of us have only been to Moab a couple of times.
If any of you have real first hand knowledge or experience with these or other trails, please feel free to jump in and offer any advice you might have, now and while we are on the trail.

We are looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting those that we haven't yet :like:
Thanks
Alan, Brett, Martin, and Rob

StingJL918

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0 StingGray
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Hey Guys and Gals
Here is the 2020 EJS JL Forum Group trail schedule (subject to change, after all this is Vacation right?)
Monday -- Flat Iron Mesa
Tuesday -- Metal Masher
Wednesday -- nothing planned with the larger group as a few of us may be participating in another (closed) run.
Thursday -- Moab Rim
Friday -- Vendor show in the morning and then possibly Fins n Things after noon. the trail grid shows closed to open runs, but maybe we can squeeze in after the last EJS run which leaves at 10:00 am. If not we will come up with another trail. We don't want to interfere with any organized EJS runs .

Everybody is welcome to join us, we keep things pretty casual and don't get in a big hurry on the trails.

You can PM myself, Alan (walweb) Bret (Rustyshackelford) Martin (martindfletcher) or Rob (RubiRob) for contact information (cell phone number).

Last year we just communicated via cell phone (text and voice) as to where were were going to meet and at what time.

@cmajul, @Cracker_Box, @RockyMtnHigh, @Truax, @WranglerAdvs, @Jeeptimmy, @SteadyC, @Mark, @BikiniJLR, @irishtim7, @sourdough, @StingJL918, @LaneSprings, @OnlyOne, @Jeep’n Jay, @Drawls, @AZShawn, @RubiRob, @Martindfletcher, @rustyshakelford @walweb

If you aren't on the list above, just reply to this string and we will certainly add you to it.

We are not super experienced Moab trail guides, some of us have only been to Moab a couple of times.
If any of you have real first hand knowledge or experience with these or other trails, please feel free to jump in and offer any advice you might have, now and while we are on the trail.

We are looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting those that we haven't yet :like:
Thanks
4 weeks left...I’m excited!!

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That's exactly what we were saying this time last year ...:facepalm:

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
No longer sure if I can make it - expensive exams to pay for but still trying to figure it out

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
So much to do in so little time...;)
Truth. I still have front and rear axle shafts to install, some rear bumper rash guards, and build some sort of storage platform to sit on top of my spare which I'll be carrying in the rear cargo area.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Anyone want to try and do Elephant Hill on Wednesday?

Scratch that. I just saw they don't allow pets on Elephant Hill. I'll have my dog so that one is out for me. Maybe Goldbar Rim or Poison Spider?

Last edited:

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Hey Guys and Gals
Monday -- Flat Iron Mesa
Tuesday -- Metal Masher
Thursday -- Moab Rim

Thanks
Unfortunately I have to bow out this year. I switched jobs and my vacation schedule went out the window. Maybe next year :(

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately I have to bow out this year. I switched jobs and my vacation schedule went out the window. Maybe next year :(
That's too bad, hopefully next year.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.