First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I would love a tan/brn interior...my green TJ had tan interior, but it was more than the seats which makes a huge difference to me.
Actually it was quite a bit, seats, rug, dash

Just tan/brown seats looks odd when nothing else is tan/brown

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

Sponsored

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
That's not really dark saddle that's just the light tan
20190906_9502.jpg

Believe it or not, this is what FCA calls Dark Saddle in the JL...

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I hope that people at Jeep are paying attention to this thread. The pictures I shared earlier from the 2008 Grand Cherokee that actually had Dark Saddle leather have been liked by a lot of people. I think that the general consensus is that we would like to have a darker leather. An actual brown, not tan.

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
I hope that people at Jeep are paying attention to this thread. The pictures I shared earlier from the 2008 Grand Cherokee that actually had Dark Saddle leather have been liked by a lot of people. I think that the general consensus is that we would like to have a darker leather. An actual brown, not tan.
Take a look to the left at my screen pic. We had amoretto tuscan Katzkin leather installed in our JL. It is actually not as orange as it looks in that pic. I had an '11 GC Summit a few years ago, it is almost the exact color of the saddle interior it came with.
Having all four door armrests and the center armrest (with matching silver stitching) finished it off nicely!

OP
OP
RikFlairWoo

RikFlairWoo

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ Sahara
That's not really dark saddle that's just the light tan
Incorrect, but you are making a similar point in saying it doesnt look much different than the current color (depending on lighting) aka not that great.

Regardless I would still get this color leather over black, but I agree with above posts that I wish it was quite a bit more dark brown.

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
I think that the general consensus is that we would like to have a darker leather. An actual brown, not tan.
Got to disagree - I prefer the lighter leather - when it's 104 degF and the thing is sitting in the driveway, lighter color leather mean it absorbs less heat. (gotta make up for choosing a darker exterior color!)

Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Having the option of any color isn't a bad thing but this one looks like seat covers because the dash and doors don't match.
I agree. I am very tired of black interiors, but with the Wrangler the only way to get a matching interior is to get black.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Got to disagree - I prefer the lighter leather - when it's 104 degF and the thing is sitting in the driveway, lighter color leather mean it absorbs less heat. (gotta make up for choosing a darker exterior color!)
Okay, I see your point. I prefer a darker brown because I feel it looks better with the rest of the black interior though. But they should at least call it something else. This is what a dark saddle color looks like.

Photo of Wyatt Earp's saddle.

18330917_2_x.jpg

cfree

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
Can anyone take more photos of the seats? What’s the back of the front seats look like? What do the back seats look like?