Sponsored

2020 Dark Saddle Leather - Kinda Ugly?

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
We love the saddle too. It’s definitely darker then what most pictures make it look like.
Sponsored

Bcarra

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Here's mine, special order waiting at the dealer for me to pick up. I was really on the fence choosing this - in fact, my 12 year old daughter made the decision for me. I'm anxious to see it in person. From my experience, pictures don't do the Wrangler justice - they always seem to look better in person.

When they announced the Dark Saddle, I was hoping it would be more of a dark brown, like most saddles I have seen. Audi has a nice brown leather.

20190826_100312_HDR.jpg
I’m debating on dark saddle. None of the dealerships in my area have any physical swatches of the actual material. Do you have any additional interior pictures you could share? How are you liking the color?

Sponsored

chizchiz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep GC
Has anyone gotten a color matched shade for the dark saddle? Looking at the spiderweb tan, but thinking it’s too light (without having seen in person)??

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
On my Rubicon JL at one time I thought I wanted the dash to be leather cuz it was nice but after seeing that red I ordered the red – I love that red Nash and that's the only way you get the Rubicon anyway but that red – to me is definitely sporty-looking

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
On my Rubicon JL at one time I thought I wanted the dash to be leather cuz it was nice but after seeing that red I ordered the red – I love that red Nash and that's the only way you get the Rubicon anyway but that red – to me is definitely sporty-looking
Actually, you can get a dash other than red on a Rubi, if you have the saddle interior...I have it.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I agree....I ordered cloth then had 2-tone Katzkin leather installed by a local rep and it's my favorite upgrade to my jeep. Makes me smile every time I get in.

Seat 2.jpg
That looks super sharp. I love it.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I had the same response! I like the color but why are they not covering the armrest, dash and door armrest....that does not make any sense at all. Knowing that.... I would never order color if it doesn't follow through in the cabin. That just seems really odd, and you pay extra for that?

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had the same response! I like the color but why are they not covering the armrest, dash and door armrest....that does not make any sense at all. Knowing that.... I would never order color if it doesn't follow through in the cabin. That just seems really odd, and you pay extra for that?
I feel like that would have been a bit to much if they did all that. I also feel the saddle leather adds a bit of professionalism to my JLUR. As much as I like to think I’ll be hitting the trails every weekend, the main use of mine is (or will be) getting to work which includes quite often taking clients out. I didn’t personally mind, but when test driving, my wife hated the red dash that came with the black leather and I have to agree the gray dash gives it a more finished look.

When I sold my first Jeep (YJ) after college, I had my favorite non-Jeep vehicle which was an Acura TL. It was black with camel leather. My favorite look. So I bought a black JLUR with the saddle leather and absolutely love it.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Frankly, I have dark saddle, I like it , and after having lived with it for some time now, I dont even notice that the armrest and other areas arent covered. Plus it matches my tan top

IMG_0769.JPG

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I like the two tone look. unless they changed pricing, it’s a no cost option if you get leather.

oalvarez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JULRDiesel. Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Macan, Porsche 993
As some others have said, I'm not a huge fan of the black with red stitching/red dash, and think the mostly dark grey/black interior coupled with the "dark saddle" seats looks more "rugged" than the other. I too prefer the light stitching on the seats, steering wheel, tranny shifter boots.

Then again, I may be biased (have a down payment on a diesel with said interior).

Fun thread.
Sponsored