First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
How much was it getting them painted also? Local shop?
Mine was about $170. Did a textured black on the main and red to match the Rubicon red in the center with a clear coat on the entire thing.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale Tracker F70178BA-3FE3-4CC0-B118-3A0F3A9ADB5F

Not the best picture but you catch the drift.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheJanitor6203

TheJanitor6203

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2.0 turbo, auto
Mine was about $170. Did a textured black on the main and red to match the Rubicon red in the center with a clear coat on the entire thing.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale Tracker F70178BA-3FE3-4CC0-B118-3A0F3A9ADB5F

Not the best picture but you catch the drift.
Paint or powder coat?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
MetalCloak has 10% off + free shipping for the week using code wearethankful. Also one gift certificate to a random customer order each day; today’s is $200.

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Yes...they are all crazy heavy. The full width rear with tire carrier mentioned above is 254 lbs. The Stealth front mid width is 175lbs. When rolling around Baghdad in an armored suburban that steel on the vehicle made sense. Crawling over rocks in a vehicle with a only 1k or so pounds of usable load (to include all extra parts, gear, and people)…429Lbs of bumpers makes not much sense...to me at least. Each to their own, and I totally get building the vehicle that makes you happy. But sticking that much weight on a Wrangler is certainly going to have some negative consequences.
Awesome thanks for the info. What would you direct me towards without derailing this thread Sorry?

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
MetalCloak has 10% off + free shipping for the week using code wearethankful. Also one gift certificate to a random customer order each day; today’s is $200.
I got my MetalCloak lift installed this week. Fantastic ride, better than stock for sure. 2.5 dual rate with Rockport shocks.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Awesome thanks for the info. What would you direct me towards without derailing this thread Sorry?
I would look at Genright or Roam aluminum or if you are set on steel then at least a bit lighter with Motobilt or LOD.

Marman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
15% discount if Military, Veteran, or 1st Responder - code USAhero Might be picking up a 2.5 this weekend.

Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I as well, was on the fence with Clayton but 15% off is a nice chunk off

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Does AAL have a BF/CM sales? Their shipping cost are ridiculous. I would be happy with free shipping.
And their shipping times are horrible. Love their products and the fact that you can call and actually talk to someone. When I ordered their fneder brace with LED turn signals, their web site said it ships within 4 days. Well 5 weeks later, it was shipped, then it showed that it was out for delivery. NOPE, it took almost seven weeks. It sure would have been nice installing them in August weather VS the cold of Mid October in Michigan.
Sponsored