Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
The red dash also depends on the seat fabric and color you choose. Black cloth and black leather get the red dash and red stitching everywhere, but tan leather gets a gray dash and gray stitching. I love the red dash and trim with any paint!
Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Their new bumpers are coming out later this year... The full width version is going to be the better one, with modular end caps.
I was just bumper shopping. Now i’m waiting. Thanks.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe they changed it (corrected it) for 2020? I ordered mine from the factory as well, got the invoice printed with my name on it and all 2019's definitely got screwed on the red dash
Yeah they changed it. Black seats get red dash now, regardless of color.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Very nice man! Still remember the slight skepticism you received when you mentioned earlier that you purchased the turnkey from AEV. Car looks great and take a lot pics when you get on the trails and share them!

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
That was one of the first things I asked when I ordered mine, and they have no plans for it. One of the reasons being, that Jeep may offer it at some point for the JL. Kind of like what happened to them with the Brute (now Gladiator). Business wise, it's not worth the hassle if FCA decides to do it themselves.

Which I have a feeling FCA will have to offer since they have Ford coming up at their heels with the Bronco and the Raptor with higher output engines etc.
Jeep is planning a Hemi in a JL eventually? Whoa.

OP
OP
DizzyIzzy

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep is planning a Hemi in a JL eventually? Whoa.
No. AEV doesn’t know if Jeep will offer hemi. They learned their lesson with the Brute where Jeep basically built their own version of Brute (Gladiator). So, it’s not a good business case for them to do hemi conversions.

OP
OP
DizzyIzzy

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice man! Still remember the slight skepticism you received when you mentioned earlier that you purchased the turnkey from AEV. Car looks great and take a lot pics when you get on the trails and share them!
Thanks. Yeah, I remember the skepticism. Some members were saying that the bumpers weren’t yet made, it’s vaporware, so they were wondering what made me think that it was real, etc etc. In the mean time I placed my order and was talking to AEV, and those members thought that I was full of crap talking about this non existent build. :LOL:

Last edited:

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
No. AEV doesn’t know if Jeep will offer hemi. They learned their lesson with the Brute where Jeep basically built their own version of Brute (Gladiator). So, it’s not a good business case for them to do hemi conversions.
That makes sense. It's a shame they aren't. The Hemi AEV Jeep's were always the top of the top.

BOLACKEY

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Their new bumpers are coming out later this year, which is what they want to release to everyone. To be honest, I'm one of the early adopters with the initial version of the bumper. The full width version is going to be the better one, with modular end caps.
Has AEV "officially" stated a release date yet (again)? I have been contacting them via email and their company forum, as well as through FB, and have yet to receive a reply. They have been radio silent regarding their bumpers, which were supposed to be released already. I have been patiently waiting, but that patience has worn very thin. My previous Rubicon had AEV bumpers on it, and I believed them to be the very best available. The company's lack of a response, or any news at all, really, is incredibly irritating.

Okay, short rant over. Your Jeep looks great!

Sponsored

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Has AEV "officially" stated a release date yet (again)? I have been contacting them via email and their company forum, as well as through FB, and have yet to receive a reply. They have been radio silent regarding their bumpers, which were supposed to be released already. I have been patiently waiting, but that patience has worn very thin. My previous Rubicon had AEV bumpers on it, and I believed them to be the very best available. The company's lack of a response, or any news at all, really, is incredibly irritating.

Okay, short rant over. Your Jeep looks great!
Still no release that I have heard of yet. Full width is still not ready yet either from what I gather.

BOLACKEY

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Still no release that I have heard of yet. Full width is still not ready yet either from what I gather.
That truly is a shame. A company that designs and manufactures some wonderful products for the Jeep aftermarket should be a bit more proactive in these matters, for what my opinion is worth. However, my opinion has several thousand dollars in a build budget attached to it, and that should mean something. That build has been centered around anxiously awaiting the release of these bumpers, but I will not be able to wait much longer. It looks more and more like ARB will gain my business. This is a sad case in poor customer relations, and really quite disappointing.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
That makes sense. It's a shame they aren't. The Hemi AEV Jeep's were always the top of the top.
To be fair they have had a hard enough time getting the bumpers out so far. Have to imagine a Hemi swap would involve even more resources. And if Jeep did make a Hemi an option (or any more powerful engine than they have now), it would be tougher to recoup those costs.

OP
OP
DizzyIzzy

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair they have had a hard enough time getting the bumpers out so far. Have to imagine a Hemi swap would involve even more resources. And if Jeep did make a Hemi an option (or any more powerful engine than they have now), it would be tougher to recoup those costs.
From all my research, before buying this Jeep, I found that AEV thinks things through and engineers things nicely. For their previous hemi conversions they didn’t just swap the engine and call it a day, they switched the fan etc. making sure cooling and everything works well. It’s a shame everyone has been waiting for the bumpers for so long. I hope they come through and deliver a product that everyone will love.

One of the things I did notice on mine that is different from the show bumpers I saw at the expo is that there are more welded parts on it, for instance, the tow hooks in the front and rear bumper and the skid plates in the rear. The expo bumpers looked more like bolt on, pretty, clean, 3D printed parts.

This is just my guess and the feeling I get from talking to them, is that, with all these curves and one piece stamping for the new bumpers, it seems to be a more difficult process to manufacture than their previous one.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
What are your impressions (particularly offroad) now that you've had her for a month? Do you have any intentions of adding more weight in the future? I'm interested to hear impressions of the AEV suspension on vehicles that travel offroad fairly loaded down.

And they can take as long as they need to make it right; the only rear bumper going on my Jeep will be that one. I love it, and it also gives me a warm fuzzy to buy "local" even though they moved their manufacturing out of state years ago.
Sponsored