2020 3.6l has $1000 BSG upgrade option

RTW Colorado

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Someone tell me why this might be worth the extra cash to some people....please.
Sponsored

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
I love his system for the Start/Stop system. It is also water cooled, so winching that require long heavy charge times the the motor/generator runs cooler.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Umm
Someone tell me why this might be worth the extra cash to some people....please.
Umm... I guess because they are nuts, and love more and complicated devices on their engines? Call me old, but I want simple. As far as replacing that motorcycle battery, I solved that with a Genisis dual battery system, love it. Personally, I'd avoid ANY BSG related engine, but that's me and to each his own.

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
So you don’t need to deal with the motorcycle battery?
Yes , instead of a $100 motorcycle battery , it has a $1200 48 volt battery.
It’s a good thing jeep has superior quality and parts availability otherwise this high-tech BSG could be a parts replacement problem but that’ll never happen because we know jeep is on top of it , nothing is ever back ordered.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Only guessing, but I'd imagine it should have an awesome torque curve and get much better city mileage
ONLY one way to know for sure . . . go put in a Lease on a 2020 3.6 w/eTorque and then post a New Thread for us to ponder on . . .:like:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Only guessing, but I'd imagine it should have an awesome torque curve and get much better city mileage
The eTorque system is only engaged at low RPMs. The torque curve will be relatively the same above 1500 RPM. It will also likely be disabled in 4-Low.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Never seen the system while I build my ideal Jeep, but that's probably because Manual Rubi's don't have em

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Shame really, having electric assist at low RPM crawling would be great. I supposed they'd need a much bigger battery pack though.
I'm not sure you would notice any difference in 4-low, at leas with the Rubicon's transfer case. I've never found the torque lacking in 4-low anyway.
Sponsored