BellyUpFish

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Hey guys-

Total noob here, but the wife is looking at buying a 2020 JL and I'm helping her do a little research.

I've read some conflicting information and just wanted to see if anyone could clarify for me.

Was the BSG setup an option on the 2020's with the 2.0L?

From what I can tell, the battery could be prohibitively expensive, enough so that I may suggest we look to a non BSG equipped 3.6L, but I ran across some comments that seemed to indicate the 2020's with the 2.0L didn't come with BSG.
Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
ETorque was optional on the 2020 2.0l. Ours doesnā€™t have it. I think you had to have a Sahara or Rubicon for it to even be an option, but donā€™t quote me on that.

Kombine

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU Sport
My 2021 doesn't have it. From my understanding (which is just a personal observation). They stopped putting the BSG/E-torque on the 2.0 for 2020+. The only way for the 2.0 to get the BSG/E-torque. Is through the Sahara and Recon Trims/packages. This information is also from months ago when I did my own research before buying mine. SO things may have changed.

Best way to tell is look at the engine and on the left if you see an alternator you don't have it. BSG looks like a solid alternator shaped "block of aluminum" with hoses coming out.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Hey guys-

Total noob here, but the wife is looking at buying a 2020 JL and I'm helping her do a little research.

I've read some conflicting information and just wanted to see if anyone could clarify for me.

Was the BSG setup an option on the 2020's with the 2.0L?

From what I can tell, the battery could be prohibitively expensive, enough so that I may suggest we look to a non BSG equipped 3.6L, but I ran across some comments that seemed to indicate the 2020's with the 2.0L didn't come with BSG.
Donā€™t worry about the etorque battery - covered by an 8 year warranty.

Sponsored

Wjs

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
ETorque was optional on the 2020 2.0l. Ours doesnā€™t have it. I think you had to have a Sahara or Rubicon for it to even be an option, but donā€™t quote me on that.
I just bought a 2020 sport with 4100 miles on it & canā€™t find he 48v battery up under it so Iā€™m wondering if it has one

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I just bought a 2020 sport with 4100 miles on it & canā€™t find he 48v battery up under it so Iā€™m wondering if it has one
You can lookup your window sticker with your VIN, it would be on there.

Reactions: Wjs

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
2020 Sahara here, with e-torque optioned. 90% sure Sport and Sport S couldn't get them for that model year, but I got mine in '99 and didn't keep track afterwards.

Wjs

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Thanks for helping

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This is what you'd be looking for, if you had bsg.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 2.0L - BSG or ESS equiped? 20210124_135338

Sponsored

TACO4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Just purchased a 2021 JLU Rubicon with the 2.0 turbo. Only 300 miles so far and I'm thoroughly impressed. Plenty of pep in her step! Getting onto the interstate is effortless unlike my 3rd gen tacoma which required lots of throttle to do the same. I've noticed zero turbo lag with torque and power that feels instantaneous and fairly linear. As far as ESS.... it works as advertised and there is no perceptible delay from engine restart to leaving the red light. By the time I move my foot from the break peddle to the gas pedel she's ready to go.

TACO4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Just purchased a 2021 JLU Rubicon with the 2.0 turbo. Only 300 miles so far and I'm thoroughly impressed. Plenty of pep in her step! Getting onto the interstate is effortless unlike my 3rd gen tacoma which required lots of throttle to do the same. I've noticed zero turbo lag with torque and power that feels instantaneous and fairly linear. As far as ESS.... it works as advertised and there is no perceptible delay from engine restart to leaving the red light. By the time I move my foot from the break peddle to the gas pedel she's ready to go.
Sorry...I didn't really address the original question. No the 2021 (at least the Rubicon) 2.0 does not have BSG only ESS.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
2018:
2.0 only available w/ eTorque

2019:
2.0 only available w/ eTorque

2020:
2.0 w/ eTorque in Sahara & Recon only
2.0 w/o eTorque in all other trims