Sponsored

2019's with ACC EWWWWW

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Ugly box...lol. Can we be honest and just say it's a box. Like every other vehicle with the same setup. So you're saying every single other vehicle with a box above the mirror has bigger windshields and lower seating. I find it highly unlikely but fine. It's only the Wrangler, of all vehicles, that can't make it work. I guess to be fair, we should ask all of the owners with ACC to take a poll and let us know if it is an issue or not. Mine is built and hopefully on the way to the dealership and I will let you know as soon as I get it.
I'm just saying it'd be in MY way...others may like it. The mirror itself is in my way sometimes...never had that on any other vehicle I've owned. I also have no use for ACC either...I rarely use cruise control as it is.
Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
I'm just saying it'd be in MY way...others may like it. The mirror itself is in my way sometimes...never had that on any other vehicle I've owned. I also have no use for ACC either...I rarely use cruise control as it is.
Fair enough. I use cruise all the time so it will be a nice option to have for me. But again, once I get the Wrangler I'll have to see if I like it or not.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
According to the data you are in the 99.952 percentile of Americans.

The ACC is probably not for you. In fact, the Jeep isn't a very good fit either, but I assume you deal with it because you love Jeeps like the rest of us.

I'm 5'10" and the box is not an issue.
My point is -- with little or no investment Jeep could have made the 2018 JL a tall person friendly vehicle, just like the JK.
It only take one tall influential person on the design or management team to be a little accommodating.

Because the former 6'5" CEO of General Motors loved sports cars I am able to squeeze into a Pontiac Solstice.
I easily fit in the first Honda Accords and the 80's Mustang convertibles.
The JK designers were just a little more thoughtful than the JL's design team. I doubt they had a clue their might be a problem that was easy to overcome.

Sponsored

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
My point is -- with little or no investment Jeep could have made the 2018 JL a tall person friendly vehicle, just like the JK.
It only take one tall influential person on the design or management team to be a little accommodating.

Because the former 6'5" CEO of General Motors loved sports cars I am able to squeeze into a Pontiac Solstice.
I easily fit in the first Honda Accords and the 80's Mustang convertibles.
The JK designers were just a little more thoughtful than the JL's design team. I doubt they had a clue their might be a problem that was easy to overcome.
Is that really true? From your picture, they'd probably have to extend the entire apillar and windshield another half foot higher and move up or get rid of the rear view mirror completely for you to have an unobstructed view. Being able to "look over the top of the mirror" isn't really "tall friendly".

This isn't a Model X...I think the windshield visibility is better than my old TJ, and I don't see how it could be much better.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is that really true? From your picture, they'd probably have to extend the entire apillar and windshield another half foot higher and move up or get rid of the rear view mirror completely for you to have an unobstructed view. Being able to "look over the top of the mirror" isn't really "tall friendly".

This isn't a Model X...I think the windshield visibility is better than my old TJ, and I don't see how it could be much better.
My JK seat sat lower. The JK rearview mirror could be repositioned since it was glued to the glass. The JK sportbar was smaller and positioned farther back.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C271D76C-A4FC-47AE-B892-8B0217497445.jpeg

This picture was taken with the lens right beside my eye.
Well, it looks like you'll miss seeing the tops of trees then, at least from this photo. I am pretty confident that at my height of 5'10", I won't miss anything behind the mirror where the ACC box is located. That's a relief.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Well, it looks like you'll miss seeing the tops of trees then, at least from this photo. I am pretty confident that at my height of 5'10", I won't miss anything behind the mirror where the ACC box is located. That's a relief.
:clap::clap::clap:

Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Before you geniuses start high fiving, read the rest of the thread and you will know this is in reference to the mirror being too low to begin with. It clearly blocks the view of traffic.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think I will have to skip the ACC due to the hanging box blind spot and wait for the upcoming "Waymo" fully autonomous option to let the new Wrangler drive me wherever.
It is probably a 2021 option.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I'm waiting for the posts of people complaining about how the hood sits too high and blocks their view of what is immediately in front of them.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Before you geniuses start high fiving, read the rest of the thread and you will know this is in reference to the mirror being too low to begin with. It clearly blocks the view of traffic.
Yes my point being that at my height, a full 4 inches less than you and at least 9 inches less than Dave's, I shouldn't have anything to worry about. So ACC will be perfectly fine for me, in regards to my height.

Deleted member 23917

I just received my 2019 Rubicon with the Advanced Safety Group.
I am easily annoyed if something is blocking my view in any way and I can assure everyone, this box is a complete non issue.
From a normal driving position, it is behind the mirror and does not obstruct visibility at all.
As for it being unattractive, I don't think anyone would even notice it.
Sponsored