cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So essentially we decided that the ACC box is ugly and unattractive with the windshield down, But in practice is worth the small sacrifice of vision, for functionality.
Sponsored

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
do people actually put the windshield down? first time window lowering for novelty doesn't count.

the only thing this might potentially block is the view of a traffic light while stopped and waiting for it to turn green. this is only an annoyance in older intersections with only a single traffic light (probably depends on where you live).

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I canā€™t remember ever needing to see something through the window just around the rear view mirror. If this was available when I ordered my 2018 I likely would have opted for it.

Iā€™m also surprised that people are afraid of the ā€˜newā€™ technology of a turbocharger on the 2.0 but are ok with a giant computer on the windshield taking control of their car...

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I canā€™t remember ever needing to see something through the window just around the rear view mirror. If this was available when I ordered my 2018 I likely would have opted for it.

Iā€™m also surprised that people are afraid of the ā€˜newā€™ technology of a turbocharger on the 2.0 but are ok with a giant computer on the windshield taking control of their car...
The 2.0 concerns me long term (as any forced induction engine from any manufacturer) about long term reliability. Don't get me wrong, I hope it is a great engine that lasts a long time. But I went with the more proven V6. The V6 is cheaper and runs on cheaper gas. But comparing the engines to the ACC is a like apples vs oranges. While I have the ACC, it will probably be rarely used, where the engine is everyday. My current Acura (2016) has a similar ACC system to the Wrangler, I have 78k miles on the Acura, I would be shocked if 50 miles of it is from cruise control. While I obviously hope to never use the forward collision avoidance feature, I look at it as a form of insurance. If it helps one time it pays off. As someone who works rotating shift work, I'll take every advantage I can get. I can tell you my Acuras system isn't perfect, and has on a couple times annoyed me. But over 78k miles, it has never put me in an unsafe or unreliable situation. So I got it for my Jeep. Hopefully its as good if not better.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Yes, as I said I'm in favor of the ACC too, and realize there isn't a comparison between that and the 2.0. I was simply remarking at how people will choose to rationalize different technologies.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Sun visors up vs down. I don't think I'll be climbing in the back seat of my 2 door again anytime soon.

L1010187.jpg

L1010188.jpg
Being here in AZ the Sun is always an issue. After seeing the pictures I am wishing I did get the ACC to help the visors with the job of blocking the sun lol.

All jokes aside, I name a Big fan of the technology itself, and hope one day it will be standard here in the US.

Last edited:

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
What is this HIDEOUS BOX on the Rearview mirror. Must be the brain center for the Adaptive Cruise Control. Holy crap I can't believe they couldn't implement this a little more cleaner looking.

46995955_10161089013585082_8587864237374701568_n.jpg
I noticed all the Gladiators had those too. This is why if I get one, I'm getting a m/t which won't come with that crap (hopefully).

darmano

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK, 2019 JKUR (on order)
I have a JLUR and ACC has to be one of my most favorite features. Just completed a 6 hour road trip and it worked really well. It even has a little Jeep Easter Egg on the ACC screen.

The ā€œbrainsā€ mounted on the windshield is a small price to pay and really isnā€™t a problem.

C580043C-6AAE-46F7-B762-04931AB737FF.jpeg

Sponsored

darmano

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK, 2019 JKUR (on order)
It sure ain't on my 19. That would irritate me to no end. Then again, the absence of such nannies was a major selling point for me. I did a 300 mile return trip, used cruise control quite a bit, and NEVER found myself wanting ACC...
You donā€™t know what youā€™re missing!!

Mousehunter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU
Was at dealership today. All the Dodge vehicles had a decent size thing on the windshield, but Jeep must not want to be outdone, because theirs is 2x as large. Sad, got the mirror off the windshield finally with the JL, only to have them but this eyesore in its place. Fwiw, it is ugliest looking at the vehicle from the front with the 8ā€x8ā€ black spot in the windshield.

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18ā€™ Toyota 4Runner
You donā€™t know what youā€™re missing!!
I tried it once and found it very annoying actually. Especially when on an expressway and a car is entering via on ramp right in front of you. It slows you down too fast the car behind you almost slams into you. So instead of maintaining speed and simply moving over to passing lane, you have to accelerate to match speed of fast lane traffic.

hammerheadnc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 3.6L (Punky), 2016 BMW R1200GS Adventure (Big Red)
Sun visors up vs down. I don't think I'll be climbing in the back seat of my 2 door again anytime soon.

L1010187.jpg

L1010188.jpg
LOL. I actually took my backseat out within the first week - much more cargo space now :)

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
LOL. I actually took my backseat out within the first week - much more cargo space now :)
I have thought about doing that, I'm just worried that anything I put in the back will end up sliding/rolling all over the place afterwords.
Sponsored