Sponsored

2019's with ACC EWWWWW

MushMouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL hopeful
Active Death Wobble Monitoring System is a $695 option, and requires both Safety packages and the $495 Correct Frame Welding Package.
That made me laugh.

What's appalling is that I'd pay for both those options - in order to get a "certified" new Wrangler . . .
Sponsored

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I think the ACC module isn’t attached to the windshield, so the the windshield cost will be no different than any other JL. The windshield supposedly also can be lowered as with all JLs. Someone with ACC commented in another thread about this. No reason to get worked up yet until someone confirms details about ACC.
The windshield can be lowered. A cover for the device/camera is provided so it’s protected once the windshield is lowered.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I have a Renegade loaner ATM, it has this, it is an eyesore.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yikes, I've seen way way better implementations of this. Look at Subaru's for example.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
You do realize Wrangler is almost a "convertible" therefore the module cannot be mount near the freedom panel or soft top, so they probably do not have much choices when choosing the windshield location.

Also Subaru is one of the very first manufacturers that implement eyesight, so they have been working on optimizing the look of that module for a couple of years now.

My 2013 Volvo also had that bulk black chubby chunk when the technology first came out.

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
That's pretty ugly.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I think they misplaced the center console to the windshield?

I love Tech but seriously... WTF were they smoking when they engineered that unit?

OhioJeep1149

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Please tell me this thing is only on wranglers with the ACC package and not ALL 19's....

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
So in order to facilitate an electronic safety feature, they remove a significant portion of driver visibility? :facepalm: Yeah, that's brilliant. And, how much is THAT windshield going to cost? $1,500?

Another reason the 2018 is the one to get.

Actually, the longer mine is in the shop, the more I'm starting to think the 2017 is the one to get.
the only visibility that will be occluded is you may not see any low flying aircraft or passing tree tops..

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Oh yikes, I've seen way way better implementations of this. Look at Subaru's for example.
Most (pretty much all) modern vehicles with ACC also put additional sensors/modules in/on the front bumper. How well would that work on a Wrangler?

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I think they misplaced the center console to the windshield?

I love Tech but seriously... WTF were they smoking when they engineered that unit?
Same thing they were thinking when they decided to mount the auxiliary battery so deep you couldn't get to it.

the only visibility that will be occluded is you may not see any low flying aircraft or passing tree tops..
I disagree. From the photos you can tell that it blocks nearly half the view through the center of the windshield. That's going to reduce visibility of large truck in opposing legs of intersections, as well as deer and other things on roads that aren't in Kansas. Any view to the 2 o' clock position on roadways not at the same grade are going to be impeded. It's really a safety issue, which is the part I find ironic.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I would not buy one that looked like that, seems they keep adding and adding items to the wrangler to make it have all the creature comforts
Sponsored