Sponsored

2019 Wranglers w/ Advanced Safety

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Approximately four weeks ago I sustained a broken windshield on a road trip. I figured it would be no problem and would get in replaced when I got to Phoenix. Not so fast...four weeks later I am still waiting for a new windshield as I was informed models such as my Rubicon equipped with the advanced safety group requires a different windshield. They are all OEM (what I wanted), but there is a shortage. I’ve checked with four glass shops here in Phoenix and they have all confirmed the issue. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone with this equipment installed in their JL.

PS...please no Safelite recommendations as they are incompetent and have damaged two of my vehicles in the past.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Approximately four weeks ago I sustained a broken windshield on a road trip. I figured it would be no problem and would get in replaced when I got to Phoenix. Not so fast...four weeks later I am still waiting for a new windshield as I was informed models such as my Rubicon equipped with the advanced safety group requires a different windshield. They are all OEM (what I wanted), but there is a shortage. I’ve checked with four glass shops here in Phoenix and they have all confirmed the issue. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone with this equipment installed in their JL.

PS...please no Safelite recommendations as they are incompetent and have damaged two of my vehicles in the past.
Thanks for the 411, I've heard they're expensive too (around $1K). Hoping mine doesn't break anytime soon... :fingerscrossed:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

That sucks. Must be your local Safelite? I've used them a couple of times and have had no issues. Hopefully, your broken windshield isn't interfering with your vision. Good luck:like:

OP
OP
COJLGirl

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Thanks for the 411, I've heard they're expensive too (around $1K). Hoping mine doesn't break anytime soon... :fingerscrossed:
I’ll find out the true cost from my glass shop and post the details once I know more.

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
Safelite did mine ( OEM ) with the advanced safety no issues. Windshield was in after 2 days and they replaced at my workplace.
Sponsored