OP

JayChicago

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport Edition
My 2019 Rubicon 2.0 Turbo / eTorque engine with 266 miles on it had the automatic transmission fail. The Rubicon manufactured date was July 2019. I just bought it new on sale 2 weeks ago. It broke down the 3rd day that I drove it.

I had to tow it to the dealer. They had to order a tool to test the transmission valve body and it took 5 days for it to arrive. They tested the valve body and determined it needed to be replaced. They replaced the valve body. After 7 days at the dealer, it is ready to pick up.

I am also concerned if other things will go out on this Rubicon.

Anyone else have related issues to make me aware of?

Fred
Hi Fred,

After they replaced the transmission entirely, I have not had any further issues.

The sealant on the windshield when driving fast during periods of rain does throw water at me in the drivers seat. Took it to the dealer, they "fixed it", but it's still having the same issue. It's a bit cold outside right now, so plan to take it back in to the shop this summer when it gets warmer out.

My understanding is that there is a recall for that problem out right now, though...

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase despite the issues.

Good luck!

Jay
Sponsored

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
My 2019 Rubicon 2.0 Turbo / eTorque engine with 266 miles on it had the automatic transmission fail. The Rubicon manufactured date was July 2019. I just bought it new on sale 2 weeks ago. It broke down the 3rd day that I drove it.

I had to tow it to the dealer. They had to order a tool to test the transmission valve body and it took 5 days for it to arrive. They tested the valve body and determined it needed to be replaced. They replaced the valve body. After 7 days at the dealer, it is ready to pick up.

I am also concerned if other things will go out on this Rubicon.

Anyone else have related issues to make me aware of?

Fred
Hi Fred
It’s been a year since you posted this comment. I was just curious to know how is your jeep running now?
I’m in a similar situation right now.
Thanks

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hi Fred,

After they replaced the transmission entirely, I have not had any further issues.

The sealant on the windshield when driving fast during periods of rain does throw water at me in the drivers seat. Took it to the dealer, they "fixed it", but it's still having the same issue. It's a bit cold outside right now, so plan to take it back in to the shop this summer when it gets warmer out.

My understanding is that there is a recall for that problem out right now, though...

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase despite the issues.

Good luck!

Jay
Hey Jay. How long did it take for the dealer to replace your transmission and how is it running now?
Thanks
Sponsored