Sponsored

2019 unlimited rubicon battery dead after 4-5 days sitting??

Red Rubicon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited rubicon
My 2019 rubicon battery will drain dead if left for 4-5 days without running. Much worse in cold weather than summer. Dealer says
I should expect that, it's within jeeps mfg. limits???? NO!
Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Any electrical modifications/additions at all?

OP
OP

Red Rubicon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No modifications. It draws about 400 mili amps when sitting in the garage and dealer says 350 mili amps should be expected????

OP
OP

Red Rubicon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might have to join the Wrangler dead battery club. Going into the dealer for the third time, on Monday. I didn't pay $50,000 for a vehicle that needs to be on a charger every week.

Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
4-5 days seems abnormal to me. I leave vehicles in airport parking for a week+ without issue. But not the Jeep yet.

nomad603

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
I routinely let mine sit for days or a week. Longest I’ve let mine sit was a month. Battery doesn’t die in 4 days.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Suggest reading the JL, Owner's Manual. It specifically addresses the issue of the battery depleting if you leave it parked/unused for X number of days. If I remember correctly, it's like 17 days and if that or longer FCA recommends battery(s) disconnect. So, read the manual.

Note: The 2018 JL, Manual does not say this but the revised 2019 and 2020 Manuals does.

Most here that have zeroed in on the JL's batteries and how they behave... they know that the Aux in particular dies / depletes first and right behind it the Main. Many new JL owner's that have just picked up their JL, learn right from the get go that their new JL that has sat idle at the dealer for weeks has battery issues.. depleted batteries, damaged battery(s).

So, do get yourself a Battery Tender and use it if you leave your JL just sitting there, unused for more then a couple of weeks, tops..
Wait, you are suppose to read the manual when you get a new vehicle? When did that start happening?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I would go to a different dealer. That's not acceptable. Your aux battery is likely toast.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My 2019 rubicon battery will drain dead if left for 4-5 days without running. Much worse in cold weather than summer. Dealer says
I should expect that, it's within jeeps mfg. limits???? NO!
I would go to a different dealer. That's not acceptable. Your aux battery is likely toast.
I agree.. Something is wrong with one or both batteries. 4-5 days and dead is nonsensical.

Yes, I'd be looking for a different dealer. I would prior to going to that different dealer, get Jeep Customer Service involved. Call Dedicated Jeep Customer Care: Ph. 1-866-362-2146 and explain the situation. Tell them you want another to eval. the JL. They will have you go and will recommend where to go. They will contact that new dealer and work to see the issue is addressed.

@JeepCares , can also be contacted via forum messaging and they will also do as I mentioned.

2019 JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I left my 2019 JLUR all winter in the home garage. Maybe moved it twice to work on projects in the garage and never had a problem with it starting.

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you're drawing 400mA, a new battery may not help. It should draw about 350mA for a few minutes after you exit the car, then drop to under 50mA.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you're drawing 400mA, a new battery may not help. It should draw about 350mA for a few minutes after you exit the car, then drop to under 50mA.
This. Are you checking parasite draw right after shutting down? You need to wait awhile for all of the systems to completely shut down and all the capacitors to drain before checking. If you're truly drawing 400mA all night long something else is wrong.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
No idea what might be happening, hope you get it sorted out, that's got to be annoying/frustrating.

With that said, I remember having a similar drainage issue when I installed an accessory that stayed on all the time. Learned a lesson, now all accessories are vetted to ensure they turn off when the vehicle turns off.

On a side note, I keep a Battery Tender on my Harley-Davidson Road Glide, to keep the battery topped off. Not sure if such a thing exists for Jeep vehicles?
Sponsored