First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I want to order now but waiting on more details for the 2.0L and now I've seen orders for 2019 start late September. Any others thinking it's late enough in 18 to just wait a few more months/ There's also that 3.0 diesel we keep hearing about. Not sure I really want one but I might.

Are the 5-6% below invoicing just because it's late in the year or something that can be done with 2019 in September? I've never purchased below invoice other than having incentives so this is new thinking for me. I won't hesitate to drive to Koon's or other nearer options to save hard earned cash as well as waiting a little longer if cost doesn't dramatically go up.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
just wait a few more months
IMO, your wait for a ‘19 will be MANY months. The ‘18 2 doors and turbos are only just starting to roll off the line. “Late availability” features (power soft top) and colors (mojito) aren’t even ready, yet. FCA is adding BSG to the ‘19 V6. All together, my money is on a delayed, staged rollout of MY19. You won’t see a diesel until next summer or later, is my bet. Plus, price will go up for MY19.

OP
OP

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
IMO, your wait for a ‘19 will be MANY months. The ‘18 2 doors and turbos are only just starting to roll off the line. “Late availability” features (power soft top) and colors (mojito) aren’t even ready, yet. FCA is adding BSG to the ‘19 V6. All together, my money is on a delayed, staged rollout of MY19. You won’t see a diesel until next summer or later, is my bet. Plus, price will go up for MY19.
That makes sense, although, my other hesitation is not knowing what may change but likely will change that might bring improvements over first model year releases. I fear by the time that become known the 2018 can no longer be ordered and I'm definitely ordering versus what is being offered pre-packaged on some lot.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
September seems close but that means delivery in November. Late availability options even later. I doubt there will be new features other than diesel and BSG. Just new colors (late availability) and some issues fixed. That's just speculation.

They will almost certainly cost more.

Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm waiting to order a 2019. In no rush now and am hoping some new colors are coming in 2019. The dealers offering 5-6% below invoice will probably do the same for 2019s as it's an ongoing thing for them.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
September seems close but that means delivery in November.
Exactly what I was going to say. Provided the time frames do not change, ordering to open late August, production to begin in Oct, so don't expect any MY19 until Nov at the earliest. This is again if there are no delays as we have seen with the new launch thus far. You could potentially be waiting on a new MY19 until Dec 2018 and possibly even into Jan 2019.

OP
OP

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I can wait for delivery into Jan 19. Not in a hurry, either. Just want it right.

Going to keep this one as long as I can. Lease it for a few years than decide if it gets retired from daily driver and upgraded to full blown crawler or returned if something better becomes available. I doubt the latter but they do hold value so my future options are open.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I gave up on the 2018 and patiently waiting to order a 2019. 2018 as it turns out is a transition year with what seems like all the options I want are “late availability” 2019 will really be the beginning of full production of the JL. I think jeep will have all the options ready to go for full production for 2019 model year. For me I don’t want a very rare limited production Jeep. if I bought a 2018 2 door it would have a 3.6 ESS that was only made for a few months ! the 2019 and up will have a completely different motor the 3.6 BSG. At this point in the cycle it makes no sense for me to buy a one-year-old vehicle with a outdated/discontinued engine. I’m gonna wait a few months have a 2019 with the new engine. Think about the pain every time you buy parts with your 2018 , forever they will ask is that the new one or the old one ? and you’ll always get the wrong parts because the majority of 2018‘s will be JK’s.

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I gave up on the 2018 and patiently waiting to order a 2019. 2018 as it turns out is a transition year with what seems like all the options I want are “late availability” 2019 will really be the beginning of full production of the JL. I think jeep will have all the options ready to go for full production for 2019 model year. For me I don’t want a very rare limited production Jeep. if I bought a 2018 2 door it would have a 3.6 ESS that was only made for a few months ! the 2019 and up will have a completely different motor the 3.6 BSG. At this point in the cycle it makes no sense for me to buy a one-year-old vehicle with a outdated/discontinued engine. I’m gonna wait a few months have a 2019 with the new engine. Think about the pain every time you buy parts with your 2018 , forever they will ask is that the new one or the old one ? and you’ll always get the wrong parts because the majority of 2018‘s will be JK’s.
Keep in mind that the "special 2018 3.6" will probably have over 150,000 units produced. As far as I'm aware, internal engine changes are not part of MY2019. It'll be easier to get parts for the special 2018 JL V6 powertrain than it would be for the entire 6+ year Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86 line.

This vehicle is produced in huge numbers, so even "half a model year" is a ton of units and parts produced.

As far as majority, I expect the 2018 JL will outnumber the 2018 JK.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Doubt you can 6% off 19s in the beginning. Probably in March
i disagree based on history.

But they will raise prices in 2019 in the fall and spring. They did it every year with the JK i can remember.

OP
OP

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I’m hoping they add adaptive cruise control. That would be worth waiting on. Plus the more I think about ESS more I want BSG so if I get 3.6 that next model year.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m also waiting on 2019 but my purchase timetable was always the fall. 2019 ordering begins early September, so why wouldn’t I buy a 2019. The only logical reasons against it that I’ve seen are a presumed price increase, people who fear/don’t want BSG, and current colors may change. As long as the price increase is incremental it won’t bother me. I’m neutral about BSG, I neither crave nor fear it. I really love Ocean Blue and if it weren’t going to be offered next year it might encourage me to buy a 2018 at the end of the production cycle. Does anyone know for sure if new colors for 2019 and discontinued 2018 colors will be announced before production starts?

I’m pretty sure that 2019 will not be a different engine at all, it’ll just add BSG system. Same 3.6l Pentastar.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I’m also waiting on 2019 but my purchase timetable was always the fall. 2019 ordering begins early September, so why wouldn’t I buy a 2019. The only logical reasons against it that I’ve seen are a presumed price increase, people who fear/don’t want BSG, and current colors may change. As long as the price increase is incremental it won’t bother me. I’m neutral about BSG, I neither crave nor fear it. I really love Ocean Blue and if it weren’t going to be offered next year it might encourage me to buy a 2018 at the end of the production cycle. Does anyone know for sure if new colors for 2019 and discontinued 2018 colors will be announced before production starts?

I’m pretty sure that 2019 will not be a different engine at all, it’ll just add BSG system. Same 3.6l Pentastar.
Would losing one summer of topless Jeep action due to waiting on a 2019 have value to you?
Sponsored