Sponsored

2019 Rubicon tires / wheels fit 2000 Jeep Wrangler?

remaxbw

First Name
bruce white
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler
Im a newbie BTW..Im looking to lift my 2000 Jeep Wrangler and get bigger tires and wheels. A friend bought a 2019 Rubicon and is getting different tires. He has 285 /70/R17 and thats the exact tire/ wheel I want for my jeep when its lifted. QUESTION: How do I know if they would fit on a 2000 Wrangler?

here is the tire.

Thanks for any help..
Sponsored

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
You're going to need a rim that fits that tire and the lug pattern on your jeep. Other than that, I can't see why that tire won't work,

OP
OP

remaxbw

First Name
bruce white
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler
You're going to need a rim that fits that tire and the lug pattern on your jeep. Other than that, I can't see why that tire won't work,
Thanks. He has the rims as well. So I need to know what my wrangler lug pattern is and it needs to match his from the Rubicon? And even dumber question: how do i find my pattern..sorry and thanks.

Sponsored

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
You are going to need an adapter to convert your 5x4.5 bolt pattern to the JL 5x5 bolt pattern. Spidertrax makes an adapter but its for JK wheel studs which are a slightly different size but the same bolt pattern. Maybe contact them to see if they can make an adapter for you

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Ah, wheels and tires. That makes more sense.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Im a newbie BTW..Im looking to lift my 2000 Jeep Wrangler and get bigger tires and wheels. A friend bought a 2019 Rubicon and is getting different tires. He has 285 /70/R17 and thats the exact tire/ wheel I want for my jeep when its lifted. QUESTION: How do I know if they would fit on a 2000 Wrangler?

here is the tire.

Thanks for any help..
You could ask on the TJ forum https://wranglertjforum.com/forums/tj-general-discussion.6/.... I'm a member there from my TJ days. There's a few guys there that are extremely knowledgeable.

Sponsored

Gallagher

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited JL
They will not fit. I bought spider trax spacers when I bought my lift and new tires for my '19 JLUR that were 5x5. They were for a JK and the lug holes were too small for the '19 studs. There are lots of company's that will make you a set of adapter spacers to go from the TJ hubs to the JL Rubicon wheels. I bet it would look fantastic as well.

Good luck.

Jeff

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Thanks. Using an adaptor typical or easy enough to do/ get?
Absolutely. You'll need to hunt around, but I see TJ's and XJ's running JK wheels all the time.
Sponsored